Junior Safety Technologist who ideally has knowledge and experience with the Toy Safety Directive and REACH Legislation and an interest in sustainability is required for a well-established publisher based in Sywell, Northamptonshire, East Midlands.
If working in a fast-paced environment where ideas and designs turn into exciting new products is for you, come and join the Production department.
LOCATION: Hybrid - Flexible Home Working up to 2 Days per Week and from the Office in Sywell, Northamptonshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Junior Safety Technologist who ideally has knowledge and experience with the Toy Safety Directive and REACH Legislation and an interest in sustainability.
Working as a Junior Safety Technologist you will be assisting the safety technologist with organising testing in line with applicable legislation and customer specific requirements.
As a Junior Safety Technologist you will be working in a fast-paced environment running all aspects of reprint testing and working closely with the Co-Edition Team to ensure all customer requirements are met, technical quotes are issued upon request and advice given when required.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Junior Safety Technologist will include:
- Running all aspects of reprint testing. Working closely with controllers and labs to ensure global legislation is covered
- Maintaining safety data on internal system, Biblio
- Liaising with Production Controllers and Far East suppliers to ensure that technical documentation is gathered for each print run
- Day to day running of the Book Chain Project system
- Assisting Sales and Operations teams with any queries or requests from customers
- Building and maintaining the Technical Library
- Building and running biblio reports to assist areas of research and development within the production department
- Working closely with the Co-Edition Team to ensure all customer requirements are met, technical quotes are issued upon request and advice given when required
- Completing yearly German battery reporting
- Taking the lead with key customers providing support to the Sales and Operations teams
- Completion of UK retailers Valpak packaging reports
- Working with the Safety Technologist and Buying team on ad-hoc NPD component development
- Assisting the Safety Technologist with organising testing in line with applicable legislation and customer specific requirements
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks
- Experience with the Toy Safety Directive & REACH legislation would be ideal
- An interest in sustainability
- Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge, particularly Excel
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills, as well as a can-do attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build mutually beneficial relationships with laboratories
The company is committed to building a diverse workforce through positive action. Currently, Black, Asian and Multi-Ethnic employees are under-represented in their workforce and they actively encourage applicants from these groups.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8526
Full-Time, permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Sywell, Northamptonshire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk