Junior Network Support Engineer / IT Service Desk Analyst with a good understanding of TCP/IP networking, network security and Linux system administration is required for a successful Software Company based in Woking, Surrey.
Candidates will have a strong background in Computer Science or a related subject, preferably to Degree Level (or equivalent) and good knowledge of LAMP-based systems, scripting, coding and command-line interfaces.
SALARY: up to £26,000 per annum (depending on experience)
LOCATION: Woking, Surrey
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates need to live within 30 minutes commute to Send, Woking GU23. The company offices are not within walkable distance from Woking Station. There is free parking on site.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Junior Network Support Engineer / IT Service Desk Analyst with a good understanding of TCP/IP networking, network security and Linux system administration.
As the Junior Network Support Engineer / IT Service Desk Analyst, you will provide day to day technical support via telephone and email to the Company’s worldwide customers. You will make significant contributions to the testing and development of products, from the initial research and development phases, through to full implementation and product support.
Working as the Junior Network Support Engineer / IT Service Desk Analyst you will have opportunities to develop and widen your existing skills around operating systems, networking and software development skills.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- A strong background in Computer Science or a related subject, preferably to a bachelor degree level (or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of and experience with LAMP-based systems, scripting, coding, and command-line interfaces
- Flexibility to adapt and the ambition to learn, develop, and succeed within a growing company
- Bright problem solver with good understanding of TCP/IP networking, network security, and Linux system administration
- Ability to learn new technologies and methods quickly, and to communicate technical detail across all levels
- Team player with strong interpersonal (both written and verbal) communication skills
- Motivated, punctual, and able to work to deadlines
- Creative, curious, and critical thinker who is willing and able to contribute, discuss, and develop new ideas
As the Junior Network Support Engineer / IT Service Desk Analyst, it would be an advantage if you had an interest in and/or knowledge of the following:
- Network security, firewalls; networking products (Cisco, Check Point, Juniper, HP)
- Network troubleshooting, packet sniffers
- One or more scripting/programming languages (Bash/POSIX, Perl, Python, C, Go, PHP)
- Server virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V, AWS)
- Database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite)
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5998
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Woking, Surrey. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk