Junior IT Helpdesk & Network Technical Support Engineer with some experience troubleshooting Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and Microsoft Office as well as excellent fault finding, diagnostic, organisational and administrative skills is required for a well-established sixth form college based in Waterlooville, Hampshire.
Degree Level IT Apprenticeship Programme
This role is a Degree Level IT Apprenticeship Position. The role will involve a combination of blended online and work-based learning, with the college paying all University fees through their Apprenticeship Levy.
Successful candidates will be expected to study whilst working to obtain a BSc (Hons) Degree in Digital and Technology Solutions.
SALARY: £18,562 per annum increasing to £26,544 per annum once the Degree is completed (this could be advanced forward)
LOCATION: Waterlooville, Hampshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, 4 Year Fixed Term Contract
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours a week, Monday to Thursday 8am to 4pm / Fridays 8am to 3.30pm
APPLICATION PROCESS: We will be emailing over an application form to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email.
JOB OVERVIEW - BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions Apprenticeship
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Junior IT Helpdesk & Network Technical Support Engineer with some experience troubleshooting Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and Microsoft Office as well as excellent fault finding, diagnostic, organisational and administrative skills is required for a well-established sixth form college based in Waterlooville, Hampshire.
Working as a Junior IT Helpdesk & Network Technical Support Engineer you will be joining a hardworking, committed and enthusiastic IT Support Team, and be expected to be adaptable, learn quickly, contribute your ideas and take the initiative when resolving IT support incidents.
As a Junior IT Helpdesk & Network Technical Support Engineer You will have a “can-do” attitude and be prepared to deal with issues and take on new tasks with ease. The IT Support Team delivers high quality IT Services and the development of new services to internal and external customers. This will include representing the IT Support Team during visits to customer sites and providing help and advice to teachers or other non-IT staff.
As a successful candidate you will be expected to study whilst working within this Degree Level Apprenticeship role.
Your duties as a Junior IT Helpdesk & Network Technical Support Engineer will include:
IT Support Helpdesk:
- Monitoring the ticket recording system, emails, and walkie talkie radios for support requests
- Playing a proactive part in resolving support incidents
- Communicating effectively by telephone, email, in face-to-face discussions, or in online meetings
- Keeping customers informed about progress
- Help to install new equipment and software
- Configure new equipment and re-purpose existing hardware
- Accurately maintain the equipment inventory
- Install and configure software on client machines/servers
- Maintain audio/visual equipment
- Resolving user account/password issues
- Connecting devices to the wireless network
- Maintain the user database (Active Directory)
- Maintain group policies for all school devices and users
- Install and configure network switches when required (including both physical mounting and configuring the networking/VLANs on each switch)
- Configure and maintain shared mailboxes using Exchange Online
- Ensure the membership and policies for Microsoft Teams are up to date
- Assist with setting up and operating AV equipment and/or lightning
- Update the school’s WordPress website when required
- 5 GCSEs A* - C including English and Maths (or equivalent) and EITHER:
- 3 A-levels in one or more similar subject
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in a similar subject
- BTEC Extended Diploma in a similar subject related role
- Previous work experience in a similar role
- Experienced in troubleshooting Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and Microsoft Office
- A good working knowledge of network management
- Excellent fault finding, diagnostic, organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate to people of a wide range of technical and non-technical backgrounds
- A genuine and demonstratable interest and enthusiasm for working in IT
- Post-GCSE IT Qualification (e.g., ITIL, MCP)
- Experience of working in an educational establishment
- High level of literacy/communication skills, capable of producing documentation written to a high, professional standard
- Experience of supporting other OS (Mac)
- Experience of supporting Google Classroom
- Basic TCP/IP networks e.g., setting up a router, WiFi
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Security Centre, and VM Management
- Experience of scripting, particularly in PowerShell
- Experience of Microsoft Intune
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C7529
Full-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Waterlooville, Hampshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk