Junior Horticulturist / Agricultural Crop Grower who holds a horticultural degree and has a passion form growing products at a commercial level is required for a well-established leading agricultural farm in Marden, Hereford, Herefordshire.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: Marden, Hereford, Herefordshire (on-site accommodation available, so you do not need to live local to the site)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Junior Horticulturist / Agricultural Crop Grower who holds a horticultural degree and has a passion form growing products at a commercial level.
Agriculture is an exciting global industry that uses cutting-edge technology whilst constantly innovating. With over 40 years of growing experience the business is proud of their quality produce and the passion and dedication of the people that grow, harvest, package and support the business.
The Growing Team work together to achieve the common goal of growing only the finest quality produce for their consumers and as the Junior Horticulturist / Agricultural Crop Grower, you can be part of this.
Your duties as the Junior Horticulturist / Agricultural Crop Grower will include:
- Monitoring crops for growth, health, insects, and diseases
- Fertiliser and nutrient management and application
- Crop record keeping and reporting crop development and any issues
- Organise, direct, control, and/or coordinate activities of workers engaged in propagating, cultivating, and harvesting soft fruit
- Ensure all safety policies (worker safety, food safety, etc) are followed
- Ensure strict crop hygiene practices are followed
As the Junior Horticulturist / Agricultural Crop Grower you will have the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Hold a horticultural degree
- Have a passion for growing products at a commercial level
- Accurately follow instructions and effectively communicate
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Hold a full driving license
- Have functional experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis
The company offers a competitive salary, 33 days annual leave, pension contributions and scope to uncover your potential with a rapidly expanding, independent business.
In association with the benefit hub, they have also developed a retail shopping and voucher portal, where you will be able to enjoy discounts, rewards, and perks on thousands of the brands you love.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6088
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Marden, Hereford, Herefordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk