Agricultural Junior Horticultural Crop Grower who is practical and decisive and understands how an effective and efficient crop growing operation can contribute to stronger overall business profitability is required for a well-established and leading fresh produce company based in Faversham, Kent.
SALARY: £22,500 - £25,000 per annum
LOCATION: Faversham, Kent
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Agricultural Junior Horticultural Crop Grower who is practical and decisive and understands how an effective and efficient crop growing operation can contribute to stronger overall business profitability.
Working as an Agricultural Junior Horticultural Crop Grower you will assist the Growing Managers in their duties in order to learn and gain experience from them, ensuring planting targets are maintained, all operations related to the crop growing are completed to the required standard using the correct techniques and procedures and all crops are free from diseases and pests.
As an Agricultural Junior Horticultural Crop Grower you will have a full understanding of the crops needs, ensuring that crop and environmental system are accurately controlled and monitored at all times and all records are kept up to date with easy traceability of plants and operations achieved.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your role as Agricultural Junior Horticultural Crop Grower will include:
- To have a full understanding of the crops needs. Collecting drain and drip water records and monitoring EC and PH
- Maintain and be able to run Priva Office
- Work closely with colleagues in all departments to ensure that any potential problems are reported to the Head of Growing or other relevant members of staff
- Have a clear understanding of plant behaviour understand reasons for runnering, flowering and flower initiation
- Able to understand plant deficiencies, biological control and requirements
- Understand planting depths techniques, spacing’s, understand plant protection in initial stages of planting, and also ensure adequate substrate moistures keep all required records
- Ensure that crop and environmental system are accurately controlled and monitored all the times
- To arrange leaf, soil and water analysis in time
- To ensure bio controls are applied in time
- Ensure pests and diseases are monitored and appropriate action is taken
- Ensure that all growing practices and procedures are compliant with all audit & customer requirements
- Ensure self compliance to all Company and Statutory Rules, Policies and Procedures
- To cover spray operations when and where required
- All records are kept up to date. Easy traceability of plants and operations is achieved
- You will be practical and decisive and understands how an effective and efficiently run growing operation and can contribute to stronger overall business profitability
- You will have the ability to plan and organise meticulously to ensure successful outcomes in terms of adherence to quality, cost and timeframe parameters
- You will be a strong communicator both within and outside the Growing team
- Able to develop productive working relationships with colleagues in all parts of the business
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7484
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Faversham, Kent. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk