Junior Artworker who is highly creative with proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is required for Make Believe Ideas, an international children’s publishing company based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. (30 minutes north of London with a direct train link to Euston)
** Join a Fun, Friendly and Creative Team **
** Excellent Career Prospects Available **
PLEASE NOTE: Please include your portfolio (PDF preferred) or web links to your online portfolio within your CV. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
At Make Believe Ideas, we have an excellent opportunity for a highly creative Junior Artworker who ideally has experience in publishing or preparing print-ready artwork.
Working as the Junior Artworker you will report directly to the Studio Director and the Senior Artworker and will have a range of responsibilities from delivering graphics in line with our artworking guidelines, creating digital content, assisting in the creation of layouts using InDesign and Photoshop and Maintaining our Co-Edition Archive.
As the Junior Artworker you will have an excellent working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) and with a thorough knowledge of how to set up artwork for print. You must also possess strong administrative skills and be able to work both independently and as part of a team in a varied, fast-paced work environment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Make Believe Ideas has been producing fantastic children’s books since 2004. The company was founded on a desire to create beautiful, innovative products with an accessible price point. Make Believe Ideas has always believed that quality books should be available to all children, and is passionate about maximising the enjoyment of family reading experiences in this increasingly tech-focused world.
We create over 100 new titles a year, publish into many different languages and foster relationships with incredible collaborators around the world. But our work is far from done. This is only the beginning of our wonderful story, and we want you to be a part of the next chapter!
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV and Portfolio (PDF preferred) or web links to your online portfolio within your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Junior Artworker:
- Maintain the delivery of consistent graphics according to the company’s artworking guides and procedures
- Prepare and ensure timely delivery of print-ready Co-Edition artwork to the Production Team
- Check and approve proofs and plotters for Co-Edition titles as required by the Production Team, and in accordance with agreed schedules, ensuring deadlines are met
- Maintain and update the Co-Edition Archive
- Create digital content for use across the website and social media platforms
- Assist in the creation of layouts using InDesign and Photoshop for catalogues and brochures
- Prepare POS stands, stickers, and 2D/3D visuals for marketing purposes
- Assist across the Creative Team where required
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent knowledge of Creative suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) is vital
- Experience of WordPress for website creation and maintenance advantageous
- Proven ability to generate and visualise concepts to a high standard
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Well organised, motivated, and meticulous about file management and folder structure
- Must possess a high attention to detail and excellent time-management skills, working well under pressure
- Excellent at multitasking with the ability to turn a project around quickly without loss of quality
- Ideally have previous experience in publishing or preparing print-ready artwork
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please send in your CV and Portfolio (PDF preferred) or web links to your online portfolio within your CV as soon as possible to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P3697
Creative / Publishing Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire HP4 2AZ