IT Technical Support Engineer / ICT 1st Line Support Technician who has a good technical background troubleshooting and identifying issues and supporting Users remotely from a busy Help Desk / Service Desk environment and in-person desk side is required for a multi-academy trust school based in Leicester, Leicestershire, East Midlands.
Are you an IT professional with a general, well-rounded skill set, looking for a new challenge?
If you are, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
SALARY: £18,026 - £19,866 per annum + Benefits (25 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, NEST Pension Scheme and Career Development Opportunities)
LOCATION: Leicester, Leicestershire, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an IT Technical Support Engineer / ICT 1st Line Support Technician who has a good technical background troubleshooting and identifying issues and supporting Users remotely from a busy Help Desk / Service Desk environment and in-person desk side.
Working as the IT Technical Support Engineer / ICT 1st Line Support Technician you will report to the IT Manager and will assist in the running of the IT function.
As the IT Technical Support Engineer / ICT 1st Line Support Technician you will ensure the IT function is fit for purpose and runs effectively, providing practical support to the ICT infrastructure at trust school sites and connected organisations, across a range of systems and hardware, to ensure that needs of users are met.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the IT Technical Support Engineer / ICT 1st Line Support Technician include:
- Provide advice, support, training, and guidance to users, and support the Network Manager in the strategic development of IT support and resources
- Assist with configuration, support, servicing, and repairs of ICT equipment used across sites
- Administer arrangements for securing data, ensuring back up procedures, disaster recovery plans and other systems are working effectively
- Monitor, respond and resolve tickets logged on the trust help desk, escalating complex issues as appropriate, as well as proactively identifying and resolving issues
- Keep up to date with technological advances in the use of IT and recommend ways in which the trust can benefit from developments
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with a range of users including Principals, pupils etc. in a friendly professional manner
- Ability to plan and manage their own time effectively and work prioritising tasks in a time efficient manner and keep to deadlines in a very busy environment
- Understanding ICT use in supporting effective teaching and learning
- Experience of working in an IT support role, involving troubleshooting, and resolving hardware and software issues
Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken.
The school is committed to safety and child protection - an enhanced DBS is carried out on all staff and all applicants will be expected to complete an application form.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7792
Full-Time, Permanent IT Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Leicester, Leicestershire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk