IT Technical Support Engineer with a keen interest in IT / Technology, a willingness to learn who has great people skills, a confident and professional telephone manner and has good administrative skills is required for a well-established company based in Marden, Hereford, Herefordshire, West Midlands.
This role will involve 70% technical support with 30% of your time carrying out administration tasks for the IT Department.
SALARY: £18,720 - £23,000 per annum
LOCATION: Marden, Hereford, Herefordshire, West Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 8:30 – 17:00 Mon-Fri with rostered on call weekend support, 1 week in 4
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an IT Technical Support Engineer with a keen interest in IT / Technology, a willingness to learn who has great people skills, a confident and professional telephone manner and has good administrative skills.
The role can provide ideal opportunities for someone who has started in a helpdesk or customer support environment wanting to progress or an enthusiastic administrator with an aptitude for and desire to move into IT.
Working as the IT Technical Support Engineer you will provide effective level 1 / first line end-user support and functional administration for the company’s IT department. The role is roughly split 70% support, 30% administration tasks.
As the IT Technical Support Engineer you will have an enjoyment of and aptitude for problem-solving with good computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Windows operating system.
As a successful candidate you must be willing to learn and develop your technical support skills within this busy IT Department.
Your duties and responsibilities as the IT Technical Support Engineer include:
- Assist directly with end-user support providing Level 1 / first line end-user support; triaging helpdesk tickets where necessary to other members of the IT team
- Setup of end-user equipment and software in line with company standards
- Administration of end-user email, application, and security accounts in line with company policies
- Administer 3rd party contracts, liaising with suppliers for day-to-day procurement
- Reporting of support metrics, on a monthly basis, through administration of the company helpdesk system
- Management of the IT assets database and process
- Provision of IT induction meetings for new starters, running through relevant company policies and procedures
- Support the IT Project Manager and Infrastructure Engineer as needed
- Good written and verbal English
- Great people skills / telephone manner
- An enjoyment of and aptitude for problem-solving
- Highly organised in approach to administration
- A keen interest in IT / Technology, and a willingness to learn, with a desire to build a career within IT
- Good computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Windows operating system
- Experience working in an IT environment would be desirable
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER
- Job-based training and development with the opportunity for professional certification / apprenticeship
- Exposure to a wide variety of technologies and processes
- A wide exposure to all aspects of the business
- A supportive team in a friendly fast-paced working environment
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7483
Full Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Marden, Hereford, Herefordshire, West Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk