Help Desk / IT Technical Support Engineer who has solid first line and second line remote service desk and desk side user support experience is required for a well-established company based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands
SALARY: £25,500 per annum + Annual Performance Bonus + Benefits
BENEFITS: up to 5% Annual Personal Performance Related Bonus, Annual Company Performance Related Bonus, Annual Pay Reviews and Increases, Company Pension Scheme, 20 Days Annual Leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, Continuous Training and Development
LOCATION: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Help Desk / IT Technical Support Engineer who has solid first line and second line remote service desk and desk side user support experience.
Working as the Help Desk / IT Technical Support Engineer your core function is to provide day to day support to all users of the company’s information systems both face to face and with remote support technologies. The role will be the first line of support encountered by all staff and will respond initially to all requests.
As the Help Desk / IT Technical Support Engineer you will require the ability to prioritise requests and escalate where necessary and support will be provided across all sites and may require travel. This is a hands-on role that will require a broad range of IT support skills and customer service skills covering Operational, Strategic Personal Development and Health and Safety Tasks.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Help Desk / IT Technical Support Engineer will include:
- Act as first point of contact for all IT requests and issues
- Manage and maintain the IT Service Desk System
- Attempt a first fix resolution on all IT issues
- Effectively resolve all IT issues within the competencies of the role
- Escalate all issues where a resolution cannot be found or that are beyond the competencies of the role
- Update and maintain the IT asset register
- Administer Active Directory user accounts, including creating new accounts, adding and removing group memberships, disabling leaver accounts.
- Maintaining and configuring user equipment including laptops, mobile phones and tablets
- Delivering and installing user equipment
- Assisting with installation and configuration of new systems
- Contribute to IT policies and procedures
- Create and maintain PC and laptop build images
- Maintain the PC and laptop image deployment system
- Travel between all sites as necessary to setup, support and maintain IT infrastructure as required
- To assist in the day-to-day management of desktop equipment including installing software and maintenance patches and identifying equipment that requires upgrade
As a successful candidate you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working in a busy IT environment
- Minimum Grade C GCSE in English and Maths (or equivalent)
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Office 365, Active Directory and Windows Server is essential
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6530
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Wolverhampton, West Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk