First Line IT Technical Support Engineer / Helpdesk Assistant with experience supporting Windows and Mac operating systems, excellent technical and problem-solving skills and ability to work in a busy and time pressured environment is required for an Academy Trust based in Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire.
SALARY: £21,778 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 8am – 4pm Monday to Thursday, 8am – 3.30pm Friday, 37 Hours per Week, 52 Weeks per Year
PLEASE NOTE: A full, clean driving licence and your own transport is essential for this role
APPLICATION PROCESS: We will be emailing over an application form to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a First Line IT Technical Support Engineer / Helpdesk Assistant with experience supporting Windows and Mac operating systems, excellent technical and problem-solving skills and ability to work in a busy and time pressured environment.
Working as the First Line IT Technical Support Engineer / Helpdesk Assistant you will support and develop the Academy Trusts’ IT systems, both server-side and in the classroom. The Trust allows users to access content using their own personal devices, and maintains its own network infrastructure, web services and telephony. It takes pride in maintaining its own systems as much as possible and potential candidates should want to take pride in this too.
As the First Line IT Technical Support Engineer / Helpdesk Assistant you will have a focus on how new technologies can be a positive influence on teaching and learning. You will work under the day to day direction of the IT Support Manager providing a quick and efficient service and ensuring IT hardware is functioning to the best of its ability and reduce equipment downtime where possible.
Your duties and key responsibilities as the First Line IT Technical Support Engineer / Helpdesk Assistant will include:
- Provide in class technical support for teachers and students
- Support teaching staff when required in the use of all Trust IT facilities
- Assist to build confidence in the use of PC, Apple and Chrome OS software
- Help to run training events for staff in the use of all digital media including software and hardware
- Help to provide GDPR, Data Protection and eSafety training / support
- Set up equipment required by staff for teaching and presentations
- Assist Media and Digital Technician with school productions
- Monitor the effective use of the IT/media equipment across the Trust
- Carry out 1st line repairs
- Assist and support as required in maintaining and developing IT/Media equipment and software across the Trust
- Unpack, test and install new IT/Media equipment
- Check IT/Media equipment is functioning
- Provide first line maintenance for defective IT/Media equipment
- Install new software on PCs and MACs
- Supply staff with copies of software as required, if licence agreement allows
- Provide copies of Virus detecting software as required
- Scan disks for viruses as required
- Effect simple repairs to audio-visual equipment
- Build and maintain a personal research routine to keep up to date on emerging technologies and IT trends
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are met
- Attend meetings of consortium IT/Media technicians
- Understanding of Windows and Mac operating systems
- 1st Line Support Experience
- Excellent technical and problem solving skills
- Experience of delivering high quality support to users in a busy and time pressured environment
- Excellent communication skills
- A full, clean driving licence and your own transport is essential for this role
Benefits of working for the trust include:
- Enrolment in one of the UK’s Largest public sector pension schemes
- A tax efficient Cycle-to-Work scheme through salary sacrifice
- A tax efficient IT Leasing scheme through salary sacrifice
- Friendly and sociable colleagues
- Staff membership rates to the modern on-site Leisure Centre
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we will invite suitable candidates to interview before the closing date.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school will ensure that all their recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service / DBS checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.
We will be emailing over an application form to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8589
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk