IT Systems & Infrastructure Engineer who has server infrastructure experience supporting Windows Servers, Citrix and VMWare and enjoys learning new technologies and is comfortable working within both technical support and project led environments is required for an IT Managed Service Provider based in London.
SALARY: £40,000 - £55,000 per annum (depending on experience) + phone allowance
LOCATION: Central London
JOB TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a IT Systems & Infrastructure Engineer who has server infrastructure experience supporting Windows Servers, Citrix and VMWare and enjoys learning new technologies and is comfortable working within both technical support and project led environments.
Working as a IT Systems & Infrastructure Engineer you will be a field-based with regular visits to client sites. However, you will ideally be based within a 50-minute commute from central London.
As a IT Systems & Infrastructure Engineer the majority of your time will be spent working on client sites in and around London, performing Proactive maintenance visits, troubleshooting issues and implementing a range IT System projects. There will also be occasions where you will be involved with completing tasks for some of the company's SMB clients also based in London.
As a successful candidate you will join a company where a collaborative approach is always encouraged - there's a focus on a professional TEAM focused culture where everyone focuses on working together as one, ensuring they maintain a fun and productive place to work, where everyone continues to learn and grow. They offer competitive salaries, alongside a number of other benefits.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your role as IT Systems & Infrastructure Engineer will include:
- Infrastructure design and implement projects, for Azure, Network, WIFI, on Premise Servers and security systems
- Troubleshooting Hospitality System issues relating to PMS, POS, Payment Gateway, IPTV, Voice, Wi-Fi etc
- Using PSA/RMM tools such as Autotask, AEM and IT Glue to provide enhanced support services to all clients
- Administration and troubleshooting of O/S and Apps consisting of Microsoft Windows Server, Desktop OS, Microsoft Cloud Technologies, Microsoft 365, Active Directory, Group Policy, SharePoint, Remote Desktops, DHCP, DNS, VMWare, Data Protection, Security Systems etc
- Assist Pre-Sales with Technical solutions & design
- Maintaining technical documentation
- Working as part of a team on project related work, assisting with planning and implementation activities
- Previous Experience within a similar role, ideally within an MSP/IT Service Provider environment, or in a Hotel IT Team
- Knowledge or experience with Hotel Technologies would be very advantageous
- A desire to learn and adapt to new skills and technologies
- A great team player with the ability to inspire confidence in clients through helping non-technical people understand technical aspects
- A proven history of being able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues across a client base with varying infrastructure and services within the commercial sector
- Networking knowledge and skills with experience of maintaining converged network solutions
- Knowledge of various Hypervisor platforms
- Experience in remote diagnostics along with analysis and monitoring
- Experience managing backup environments, both cloud and on-premise using Datto, StorageCraft & VEEAM
Specific Technical Experience
- Server infrastructure consisting of Windows Servers, Citrix, and VMWare
- System hardware consisting of HP/Aruba, Ruckus, Meraki, Watchguard, NAS, and SAN's
- Network architecture and system management, including configuring devices consisting of routers, firewalls and switches (L1, L2 & L3)
- Have a good understanding of Hotel software platforms in terms of all systems in use and how applications apply to End Users requirements
- Good experience and knowledge of MS Azure servers, 365 and SharePoint
- Proven knowledge and ability to work on issues relating to PMS, POS, Payment systems, IPTV, Voice, Wifi systems etc
- Cloud solutions with Azure and Office 365
- Cloud & On Prem Disaster Recovery processes, procedures and applications, including off-site solutions such as Datto etc
- Security process & procedures, that promote best practice security while maintaining a functional user base.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6759
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk