IT Systems Administrator / 2nd and 3rd Line Support Engineer that has previous experience supporting Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, Windows 10, Office 365 / 2016, VMWare, Server Backup and Restore Software with a good all-round background supporting IT Infrastructures is required by a well-established Company based in the City of London.
SALARY: £35,000 - £40,000 pro rata + Benefits
WORKING HOURS: 35 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday – Flexi Hours around the core working hours of 10am – 4pm – There will also be some Out of Hours worked on a rota basis for tasks such as systems upgrades etc. that takes place monthly.
JOB TYPE: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an IT Systems Administrator / 2nd and 3rd Line Support Engineer that has previous experience supporting Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, Windows 10, Office 365 / 2016, VMWare, Server Backup and Restore Software with a good all-round background supporting IT Infrastructures.
Working as the IT Systems Administrator / 2nd and 3rd Line Support Engineer you will join a small technical team that supports around 60 Users.
As the IT Systems Administrator / 2nd and 3rd Line Support Engineer you will have a wide range of duties and responsibilities from managing all service desk second and third line support requests that have been escalated from the Helpdesk Analyst, ensure BAU, keeping on top of system / server / pc / security updates and server backups are carried out. You will also work closely with the IT Systems Manager to plan, develop and deliver appropriate ICT network designs and architecture that best support the business.
Your responsibilities as the IT Systems Administrator / 2nd and 3rd Line Support Engineer will also involve supporting the delivery of technical projects ranging from infrastructure improvements to the introduction of new or upgraded systems.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with the Helpdesk Analyst, acting as second point of escalation and resolving most second and third line support issues, using the helpdesk ticketing system
- Oversee, and cover where required, the daily administrative tasks such as regular updates of servers, desktops, network switches and software estate, backups
- Provide ongoing monitoring and reporting of key security systems and processes – e.g. patch management, anti-virus, SIEM log analysis, email security, etc.
- Support the WAN & LAN infrastructure including: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN, firewalls, switches and wireless access points
- Ensure network and infrastructure documentation is developed and maintained
- Monitor and maintain the Microsoft SQL server environments under guidance of the Operational IT Systems Manager
- Monitor and maintain the VMWare ESXi and vCentre server environments as well as hosted VDC areas
- Maintain the Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies, the Microsoft Exchange Server / Microsoft Office 365 environment
- Support the VOIP telephony and videoconferencing infrastructure and maintain all remote access services using Microsoft Remote Desktop Services and VPN
- Monitor and report on system uptime, capacity and availability for all environments
- Monitor backups and coordinate test restores and other requirements from a Business Continuity perspective
- Provide out of hours support as required in rota with existing members of the senior IT Team
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Essential knowledge and understanding of:
- Microsoft Server operating systems (2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, 2016)
- Microsoft Network services: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Print and file sharing
- Standard Microsoft desktop products – Windows 10, Office 365, Office 2016, Visio, Skype For Business, etc.
- Cyber-security – anti-virus, email security solutions, patch management, firewalls, and log analysis
- VMWare ESXi and vCentre server, together with server hardware experience and Storage Array experience. (DELL EqualLogic and Netapp E Series)
- Backup and restore software and services (VEEAM)
- VoIP (cloud-hosted telephony) and IPSEC/SSL VPN
You will also have experience of:
- Working in a service desk environment, dealing with a variety of issues in a second and third line capacity
- Carrying out daily IT administrative tasks, for example, backups, security, AD / Active Directory Maintenance etc.
- Monitoring and maintaining key security systems and processes, SQL Server environments, VMWare, system uptime and backups
- Supporting the WAN and LAN infrastructure in a medium sized office
- Producing relevant systems documentations and process creation towards the achievement of PCI DSS requirements or equivalent regulatory scheme
- Supporting staff and clients to troubleshoot basic AV issues in an office or conferencing setting
- Working on multiple projects of differing complexity simultaneously. Experience of project management from inception to completion would be advantageous
Desirable knowledge of:
- Integra (membership and CRM), Kentico CMS, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and Wrike
- Helpdesk ticketing systems, particularly ManageEngine Service Desk Plus
- Physical and logical LAN and WAN infrastructure principles
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration and TSQL
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4139
Full-Time, Fixed Term Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work in the City of London. Recruitment services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk