IT Network Support Engineer with experience in troubleshooting Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 and Microsoft Office and excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills is required for an Academy Trust based in Waterlooville, Hampshire.
SALARY: £21,403 per annum
LOCATION: Waterlooville, Hampshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Thursday 8am - 4pm, Friday 8am - 3.30pm (52 weeks per year)
APPLICATION PROCESS: We will be emailing over an application form to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an IT Network Support Engineer with experience in troubleshooting Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 and Microsoft Office and excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
Working as the IT Network Support Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that support incidents, questions and requests for change are recorded, and take responsibility for meeting customers’ expectations by either resolving support requests or escalating where appropriate.
As the IT Network Support Engineer you will join a fantastic team in a varied role where you will be expected to be adaptable, learn quickly and contribute your ideas. The Academy Trust support nearly 2000 users across two schools and are incrementally migrating from on premise services to cloud based services hosted in Microsoft Azure.
Your duties and responsibilities as the IT Network Support Engineer will include:
IT Support Helpdesk
- Monitor the ticket recording system, emails, and walkie-talkie radios for support requests
- Proactively resolve support incidents quickly and efficiently
- Communicate effectively by telephone, email, in face-to-face discussions, or in online meetings
- Keep users informed about progress
- If necessary, escalate support incidents to the Senior IT Technician or Technical Services Manager
- Maintain the IT estate, which is primarily based on Hyper-V virtualised Microsoft Servers and Windows 10 clients
- Help to install new equipment and software using standard tools
- Configure new equipment and re-purpose existing hardware
- Accurately maintain the equipment inventory
- Install and configure software on client machines/servers
- Maintain audio/visual equipment, such as classroom projectors/speakers and interactive panels
- Work with suppliers to submit warranty claims
The academy benefits from up-to-date HP/Aruba network infrastructure, including core and edge switches and wireless access points. They have physical servers running Hyper-V in both production and disaster recovery and have Veeam backup in operation.
This role will include:
- Resolving user account/password issues
- Connecting devices to the wireless network
- Maintain the user database (Active Directory) to ensure it is up to date, accurate and secure
- Maintain network security by ensuring latest Windows patches are applied and anti-virus updates are installed
- Maintenance of firewall policies for security and to ensure a safe browsing environment for users
- Maintain the school network build image for desktops and laptops to ensure it is up to date. This includes importing driver packages, adding/removing software, and editing task sequences. This is currently based on WDS, but they also use InTune and may move to AutoPilot in the future
- Maintain group policies for all school devices and users for optimal, secure computer use
- Install and configure network switches when required (including both physical mounting and configuring the networking/VLANs on each switch)
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) A* - C including English and Maths
- Experienced in troubleshooting Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and Microsoft Office
- A good working knowledge of network management
- Ideally, you will either have finished (or close to finishing) a Level 4 Apprenticeship in Network Engineering or similar, or have gained a degree in an IT discipline with a significant element of network engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work with other staff as a team
- Real interest and natural enthusiasm for working within IT, with a keen interest in computer technology and IT generally
- A desire to aim for a continual improvement in service, management, and maintenance of IT Services
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate to people of a wide range of technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Smart appearance and friendly manner
- Flexibility and a readiness to undertake a wide range of tasks
We will be emailing over an application form to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7252
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Waterlooville, Hampshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk