IT Support Technician / First Line & Second Line Helpdesk Engineer who has experience with PC builds, updating and installing hardware and software, supporting networks and other IT infrastructure with excellent troubleshooting skills is required to join our team at Ottobock on our busy service desk, supporting Users both remotely and deskside.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
BENEFITS: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare, Death in Service, Ride2work and childcare vouchers
LOCATION: Egham, Surrey
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an IT Support Technician / First Line & Second Line Helpdesk Engineer who has experience with PC builds, updating and installing hardware and software, supporting networks and other IT infrastructure with excellent troubleshooting skills
As the IT Support Technician / First Line & Second Line Helpdesk Engineer you will have an excellent technical aptitude including the ability to configure operating systems and network devices.
Working as the IT Support Technician / First Line & Second Line Helpdesk Engineer you will primarily be responsible for ensuring that the Company’s computer systems work effectively for streamlined operations. You will be responsible for the installation of computer hardware and software, update applications and perform diagnostic tests and maintenance on computer components. Naturally, you will need proven ICT skills, but equally important is the ability to communicate well at all levels.
Within your role as an IT Support Technician / First Line & Second Line Helpdesk Engineer you, you will serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance. Perform troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions. Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers. Walk the customer through the problem solving process and help people resolve network, hardware and software issues and set up firewalls to safeguard IT systems.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Ottobock is a world-leading manufacturer and supplier of prosthetic limbs, orthotic supports and wheelchairs that facilitate independence. Ottobock UK has been established for over 40 years are we’re part of the Ottobock global group, a privately owned company with headquarters in Duderstadt, Germany and offices and clinics throughout the world, including the UK and Ireland.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties will include:
- Perform installations, configurations and modifications of IT hardware and software
- Day-to day operations and monitoring of IT hardware, software, networks and other IT infrastructure
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Take part in IT projects and perform tasks in accordance with project plans
- Ability to Troubleshoot and resolve escalated issues with Microsoft 365 operating systems
- Provide mobile device management and support
- Proven work experience in IT support or IT technician roles
- Practical experience with internet and network security protocols
- Technical documentation skills
- Organisational and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working with Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 desktop operating systems
- Windows Server operating systems
- Microsoft Exchange Online
- Keen to learn and develop skills on applications used within the industry.
- Basic troubleshooting experience of networking devices: Firewalls and Switches - ideally Cisco
- Experience of implementing planned changes to the relevant support technology under change control
- Experience of resolving issues with wireless solutions
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7566
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Ottobock