IT Support Engineer / PC Technician with a good level of technical experience working with Hardware, Servers and Systems is required on a 6 Months Contract for a new cutting edge, virtual reality Star Wars Attraction based in London.
SALARY: £10 per hour
TYPE: 6 Months Contract
** Calling All Star Wars Fans with Technical Skills **
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates MUST be available to start early December 2017
IS THIS YOU?
- Is the Force strong with you?
- Do you want to help unlock the Secrets of the Empire?
- Do you have technical experience working with Microsoft Windows OS with ‘hands on’ experience with Hardware, Servers and Systems?
- Do you have excellent people skills?
If you can answer ‘YES’ to the above questions, then we would like to hear from you.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an IT Support Engineer / PC Technician that has a good level of technical experience working with Hardware, Servers and Systems.
As a successful candidate, you will join the Company’s new, cutting edge, virtual reality Star Wars Attraction Team, where you will ensure that the technology on site runs smoothly and troubleshoot any technical issues quickly to keep downtime to a minimum.
Working as the IT Support Engineer / PC Technician your duties will be varied from working with Microsoft Windows OS to restarting servers / networks / WiFi and troubleshooting hardware issues such as Battery Issues, CMOS resets etc.
As the IT Support Engineer / PC Technician you will also maintain service logs and create tickets and escalate issues when necessary.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a leading Company that provides ‘Out of This World’ Virtual Reality experiences. If you have the IT technical skills needed, then we want to hear from you.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the IT Support Engineer / PC Technician include:
- Calibrate virtual reality stage, restart servers / networks /Wi-Fi, and test equipment
- Run regular checks on technology, at least once per day
- Troubleshoot hardware issues such as: Battery issues, gun pairing, dead packs, and CMOS resets (Training Provided)
- Determine when tracking or rigid body detection are not syncing properly (Training Provided)
- Maintain equipment used for the Experience Centres, HMD, Vest, Guns, packs (Training Provided)
- Maintain inventory of all systems and hardware for the Experience Centres
- Maintain service log and create tickets for issues
- Escalate issues when necessary
- Assist when Corporate Team pushes new builds, verify flash firmware on vests and guns
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have previous experience working within an IT / Technical based role, with hands on experience with hardware, servers and systems
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows OS
- Experience testing equipment following established procedures
- Understanding of how firmware works within hardware components is a bonus
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs unassisted, climb, bend, twist, stoop and kneel on a regular basis
- Exceptional communication skills
- Any experience providing technical support within live events, exhibitions or similar VR experiences would be highly desirable, although not essential
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-C3793
6 Month Fixed Term Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in London
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk