First Line & Second Line Technical Service Desk IT Support Engineer with experience working on a busy help desk which includes the proactive monitoring and management of client backups, infrastructure and firewalls is required for an established managed IT support provider.
SALARY: £18,000 - £22,000 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Woking, Surrey
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
** OPPORTUNITY FOR CAREER PROGRESSION WITHIN THE COMPANY **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a First Line & Second Line Technical Service Desk IT Support Engineer with experience working on a busy help desk which includes the proactive monitoring and management of client backups, infrastructure and firewalls, servers and device endpoints to ensure issues are handled proactively with minimal impact on the client.
Working as a First Line & Second Line Technical Service Desk IT Support Engineer you will be part of a friendly and creative working environment. Working within a Managed IT team you will be supporting a wide range of clients who have outsourced their IT support to the company.
As a First Line & Second Line Technical Service Desk IT Support Engineer you will also be involved with resolving issues efficiently, identifying and correcting trends, which is a key part of the role.
Your duties as a First Line & Second Line Technical Service Desk IT Support Engineer will include:
- Delivery of quality proactive managed services across the client base
- Responding to, handling alerts, incidents and escalated problems on the variety of platforms and supported networks from logon to the resolution
- Network Operations Centre – Monitoring
- Backup monitoring and management
- Endpoint management, optimisation and managed AV
- Windows, Mac, Linux and 3rd Party Patch management
- Management of risk and downtime during maintenance windows
- Proactive monitoring and management of ticket platform
- Assessment of events to reduce incidents and false alerts
- IT Administrative tasks responsible for the client on boarding process or changes to the services provided
- Automation, streamlining and development of the monitoring platform and solution.
- Completion of daily workflows and checklists
- Cloud platforms – Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Microsoft Azure
- Proven experience in system and platform monitoring using RMM and Professional Monitoring toolsets
- Solid previous experience in supporting or managing Microsoft networks and associated technologies
- Backup, business continuity and disaster recovery solutions – Kaseya Spanning, Acronis, Axcient
- Basic knowledge of Apple Mac operating system as well as iPhone / iPad
- Device troubleshooting including other mobile vendors (HTC, Google, Samsung etc.)
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems
- Excellent and friendly attitude when dealing with customers on the phone, as well as the ability to explain potentially complicated issues in a way customers can understand
- Experience troubleshooting using monitoring metrics
- Experience of problem management
- Able to prioritise under pressure and work to deadlines
- Excellent writing skills. Most of your work will be written and customer facing (emails, documentation etc.)
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to work as part of a team to resolve potentially complex issues, but also work on your own to perform installations and project work when required
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience of working with Microsoft, Google and Kaseya
Lastly, the company encourages their staff to play further key roles in their ongoing expansion as they build the business, as such there will be plenty of opportunities to progress your career within the company.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7547
Full time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Woking, Surrey. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk