IT Support Assistant / First Line Service Desk Engineer with vision, energy and enthusiasm, an ability to troubleshoot IT at a basic level and strong organisational skills, is required for a school based in Halifax, West Yorkshire.
Previous work experience dealing with face-to-face interactions, technical support and a working knowledge of ICT systems is essential for this role.
SALARY: £17,387 (actual salary), Scale 4
LOCATION: Halifax, West Yorkshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours per Week During Term Time, plus 5 Additional Days
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied through this site, we will email over an additional Application Form to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an IT Support Assistant / First Line Service Desk Engineer with vision, energy and enthusiasm, an ability to troubleshoot IT at a basic level and strong organisational skills.
As the IT Support Assistant / First Line Service Desk Engineer you will join a busy IT Support Team, in a school which has a strong team spirit and where students have a genuine desire to learn. This is a friendly, down to earth school with a diverse student population.
Working as the IT Support Assistant / First Line Service Desk Engineer your key responsibilities will include supporting the department to ensure all IT Services are of a high-quality standard, maintaining accurate and up to date documentation and helping drive forward the objectives of the School through the use of IT technology, services and solutions.
The school has a Microsoft based IT environment making full use of cloud-based infrastructure including the Office 365 suite, Azure AD and Arbor MIS. The department supports over 500 devices, a mixture of servers, workstations, laptops, Apple Macs, surface tablets, iPads, printers and projectors.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Support all students and staff in the use of IT services
- Perform routine maintenance schedules and safety checks
- Assist with ensuring all network services are up and running
- Maintain a calendar of school events that requires AV support and communicate with the Senior IT Technician
- Maintain a calendar of exam laptop requests and communicate with the Senior IT Technician
- Maintain a calendar of IT Room bookings
- Ensure the inventory of the SEN, Staff and Exam laptops is up to date
- Plan and manage an appropriate maintenance procedure for ICT equipment
- Manage and maintain the IT inventory
- Ensure consumables are sourced and that stock does not run below the minimum requirements
- Ensure all IT Services are kept in good working order
- Carry out routine IT maintenance checks
- Set up, maintain and remove user accounts on Arbor, Active Directory, Office365, Net2, Inventory and biometrics
- Maintain up to date inventories of hardware & software; security marking and labelling of equipment
- Issue all staff and sixth formers with ID badges
- Ensuring computers are kept up to date and virus/malware free
- Restore files from backups
- Perform weekly checks to ensure IT fire safety equipment is in working order
- Update the school website as and when requested
As the IT Support Assistant / First Line Service Desk Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent literacy and numeracy
- Previous work experience dealing with face to face interactions
- A working knowledge of ICT systems
- Ability to relate well to children and adults, being sensitive to their individual needs
- Ability to pay close attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Good analytical and judgement skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Understanding of the overall technical requirements of the use of ICT in the school environment
- Ability to troubleshoot IT at a basic level and understand when to escalate issues
- Understand the nature of inventory maintenance for the purposes of security and insurance and implement the same
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours to meet the needs of the school
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all children
- Well organised with high level of commitment and professionalism
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team
- Ability to deal effectively with challenging new ideas and developments
- Willingness to participate in personal and professional development programmes as required
- Good documentary skills and ability to record and manage processes concisely
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of forward planning to anticipate the needs of the school and its community
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and respect for diversity
HOW TO APPLY
Once you’ve applied through this site, we will email over an additional Application Form to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email. Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6539
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Halifax, West Yorkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk