IT Support Analyst / First and Second Line Technical Engineer that has good experience supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft products both remotely and deskside is required for a well-established Company in Central London.
SALARY: £23,000 - £25,000 per annum + Benefits
Due to a recent internal promotion, we now have a fantastic new job opportunity for an IT Support Analyst / First and Second Line Technical Engineer that has good experience supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft products both remotely and deskside.
Working as the IT Support Analyst / First and Second Line Technical Engineer you will also be involved in technical projects in addition to supporting internal Users.
The Company’s in-house technology is predominately Microsoft based so as the IT Support Analyst / First and Second Line Technical Engineer you will need good Microsoft Windows troubleshooting skills and basic networking / TCP/IP knowledge. You will also need to be familiar with basic Microsoft Server support and have a solid foundation supporting MS Office and Active Directory – adding / removing Users etc.
Although not necessary, if you have any basic SQL scripting skills or working knowledge of Windows PowerShell you will have the opportunity to put these skills into action or to pick these up, if desired.
The IT Department is very team orientated and although everyone has their own responsibilities they all help each other out when needed.
As a successful candidate, you will have an excellent opportunity to join this well-established Company that are known for promoting within.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the IT Support Analyst / First and Second Line Technical Engineer:
- Assisting the Head Office User base, with issues relating to various business systems; ranging from Microsoft Windows Office issues to specific business applications used within the organisation
- Supporting the Company’s retail store User base with queries regarding the store till / POS (Point of Sale) application – Training provided on this application
- Responsible for building and maintaining hardware within the business – from Microsoft Windows Desktops to Mac’s and supporting Printer and IT peripherals used within the business
- Supporting and maintaining multiple server platforms used within the business which will range from Windows to UNIX and Linux Platforms. These servers can be physically or remotely based
- You will also play an integral part in facilitating the delivery of projects within the organisation – which will require involvement with various departments
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Good understanding of General IT including Microsoft Active Directory, TCP/IP, hardware maintenance, mail systems, administrative tools, basic network cabling and telephony features
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Good customer service experience
- Resourceful with the ability to multitask
- Team Player with strong communication skills
- Previous experience working within an IT / Retail based environment supporting retail / till / POS (Point of Sale) based applications would be highly desirable, although not essential
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4328
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Central London. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk