IT Support Administrator / 1st Line Helpdesk Assistant with excellent customer service, communication and basic Networking and PC / Technical skills is required for a well-established national Company based in London.
SALARY: £22,000 – £22,000 per annum + Bonus
** On the Job Training Provided **
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate may be required to visit remote sites within the UK (with possible overnight stays) to assist in resolving technical issues or implementing changes to hardware/software.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an IT Support Administrator / 1st Line Helpdesk Assistant with excellent customer service, communication and basic Networking and PC / Technical skills.
Working as the IT Support Administrator / 1st Line Helpdesk Assistant you will be first point of contact for employees, branch and district officials, providing 1st Line support for all IT, Technical & Facilities issues raised as well as assisting in system maintenance and technical project tasks.
As the IT Support Administrator / 1st Line Helpdesk Assistant you will join the IT & Facilities Department in an exciting time of growth in this new role looking after end user communication tasks.
This is an excellent opportunity to take up an IT support role within well-established National company that offers a on the job training which includes:
A full induction with the IT Department and introductions to the rest of Head Office
On the job training provided by the IT Consultant and Database Manager
Familiarisation with all systems and processes
Additional relevant professional training may be provided, subject to budget approval
The IT & Facilities Manager/Database Manager/IT Consultant will meet with the Assistant monthly for performance appraisal on progress and address any training needs required in specific areas of responsibility
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the IT Support Administrator / 1st Line Helpdesk Assistant will be:
- First Line Support - Telephone Call Logging & Issue Progression – Being on site from 8am to receive calls and emails from staff and logging them into the organisations configuration/issue/change management system
- Keeping users updated of any progress on their issues, scheduling remote access sessions between Field Team and the IT Team where necessary and liaising with external service providers where necessary
- Document Maintenance - Assisting the IT Consultant & Database Manager to ensure infrastructure and processes documentation are kept up to date
- User Account Maintenance - Assist in maintaining the user account security databases, email system accounts and maintenance of user accounts in Active Directory, IMIS & FileMaker, adding/removing staff users
- Asset Management - Assist in ensuring the assets and software licenses managed by the department are correctly entered into the Asset Management System and license registers are kept up-to-date
- Data Correction - Assisting the Database Manager to correct improperly entered data into the organisations information management systems
- Ad-hoc Basic Data Extraction - Extracting data from IMiS using the IQA Utility to fulfil requests for ad-hoc membership lists
- Assist in monitoring the network infrastructure to identify potential issues and resolving issues with a minimum business impact
- Verify overnight backup processes complete successfully and assist in performing regular tests on the data backup and disaster recovery solutions ensuring backup/DR integrity
- Assist in applying operating system updates, security patches, virus protection updates for Servers, PC’s, Laptops and other network devices where appropriate
- Assist with the physical installation and configuration of new or replacement hardware and software on PC’s, Laptops, servers and network devices
- Ensure system documentation consistently reflects the active state of the production network
- Install replacement toner, fuser units in printing devices when required
- Assist in performing regular physical maintenance on PC’s and printing devices
- Prepare any technical resources required for onsite meetings
- Assist and provide back-up cover for IT & Facilities Manager on Facilities related matters to help resolve staff service issues and building fabric issues at Head Office (i.e. arranging temporary vehicles for field team members, helping to coordinate on site contractors, maintenance staff etc., where necessary)
- End User Training - Assist the IT Consultant and Database Manager during end user training sessions and training non-technical team members on using services (i.e. video conference equipment, mobile and desk phones)
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Basic knowledge of Networking
- Excellent customer service skills, responsive to customer needs and requirements in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills, with a clear and confident telephone manner
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working
- Self-motivated, with the ability to use own initiative and work under pressure
- Minimum of GCSE or equivalent Grade C in Maths, English Language, IT and at least one Science
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time, Permanent IT Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in London
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk