IT Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) / Automation Tester who has a solid understanding of OOP development practices with Java and C# with experience delivering high quality automation solutions with tools such as Selenium, Protractor, Appium, Ranorex, WinAppDriver and Tosca is required by a well-established leading Consultancy.
SALARY: Very Competitive + Benefits
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an exceptional IT Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) / Automation Tester to join the Company’s growing UK Team on a full-time permanent basis.
Working as the IT Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) / Automation Tester you will be an automation expert and form part of a collaborative, multi-disciplined team of Engineers who are leading the way in Testing Innovation. This exciting opportunity would suit an individual who knows how to build highly scalable, robust and maintainable solutions.
WHO ARE YOU?
An IT Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) / Automation Tester is a highly skilled resource, capable of contributing in multiple disciplines within self-organising, cross-functional teams. They bring the right balance of aptitude and technical skills across the delivery pipeline, with an ability to participate in risk-based test design, agile testing, test automation and service virtualisation, as well as integrating these testing phases within a Continuous integration testing pipeline. You have opinions on software development best practices and can have detailed discussions on topics such DevOps, Infrastructure as Code, and modern cloud development platforms such as AWS and Azure. You will use your network and experience to help clients improve their speed and quality, through shifting testing left and implementing modern tools/frameworks.
This role commands a competitive salary, a great working environment, extensive training, mentorship and the support you’ll need to advance your skills and experience, whilst developing a rewarding career.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as an IT Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) / Automation Tester:
- Work in cross functional teams to deliver quality engineering services
- Work with agile teams to improve quality
- Build and maintain test tooling and frameworks
- Manage stakeholder expectations and provide clear and open communications
- Document and report progress, risks, issues and defects
- Implement test automation and other tools in a CI/CD pipeline
- Continuously learn new technologies and modern cloud infrastructure and services
Mandatory Skills & Experience
- A solid understanding of OOP development practices and with Java, C#
- Experience delivering high quality test automation solutions with tools such as Selenium, Protractor, Appium, Ranorex, WinAppDriver and Tosca.
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems and implement innovative solutions
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, GoCD, Circle CI etc.
- Web Service and API testing
- BDD with tools such as Cucumber, SpecFlow, JBehave
- Experience with Azure DevOps Tool Chain
- Version control with GIT and a good understanding of branching and merging
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Cloud experience - AWS or Azure
- Infrastructure as code / Containerisation
- Service Virtualisation / API Stubbing
- Practical SQL and database experience
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Joining the team will see you meet a diverse range of individuals who really enjoy the variety that comes from working within a consultancy. The leadership team is accessible to help you grow your career. With the Company’s enviable list of clients and projects, you will be constantly challenged.
The Company operates a flat structure which enables you to have your contributions heard and acknowledged. They keep up to date with the ever-changing IT tools and offer you the opportunity to focus on learning throughout your career with the Company. In addition, as an inclusive friendly organisation, they offer staff parties and run an active social club for those who would like to get involved!
As a permanent employee, you will be entitled to all the benefits made available to the staff. The Company offers all employees a highly competitive remuneration package, a wide range of employee benefits and the opportunity to further your career through their exceptional career development opportunities.
This is a "career" opportunity and would be a strategic move for the right candidate - You would be part of a rapidly growing organisation where your vision and expertise can shape the growth of their business.
Successful applicants must be prepared to go through a programming / coding assessment and also attend an interview in person or over Skype/Teams.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now!
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5291
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk