IT Service Desk Manager that has excellent management and team leadership skills is required for a busy Technical Support Helpdesk within a well-established Company based in Chorley, Lancashire, North West England.
SALARY: up to £50,000 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Chorley, Lancashire, North West England
We have a fantastic new job opportunity within a busy Technical Support Helpdesk for an IT Service Desk Manager that has excellent management and team leadership skills.
Working as the IT Service Desk Manager you will provide leadership to achieve first class service delivery, exceptional quality and maximum efficiency in line with the Company’s vision and values.
As the IT Service Desk Manager, you will report directly to our Operations Director and will essentially lead, manage and motivate the IT Helpdesk Department.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the IT Service Desk Manager:
- Coach, develop and manage the team of Service Desk Analysts
- Own, coordinate and respond to Major / Minor Technical Incidents
- Management of Infrastructure supply chain partners
- Management of the IT Help Desk (Ticket prioritisation and management)
- Ensure the Team provide a high level of Customer Service
- Champion communication between IT and the business to Senior level
- Learn and own Business Processes
- Manage IT budgets and costs
- Responsibility for IT Asset Management
- Owner of IT Deliverables in line with ISO 27001 standard
- Own the Take-On support of delivered projects into BAU / ‘Business as Usual’
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- A background in an Operational IT environment with excellent leadership and team building skills
- Experience / knowledge of working in a Citrix / Wyse terminal environment.
- Some technical IT infrastructure knowledge (i.e. WAN / LAN / Cloud infrastructure models)
- Ability / experience in managing IT runs costs / budgets
- Experienced in compiling board reports pertaining to Service Desk performance
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent communicator with the ability to adapt methods based on the receiver
- Be proactive, motivated and metrics driven
- Ability to work under pressure
- Well developed organisational skills and excellent telephone manner
- An outgoing personality, conscientious with an eye for detail and an eagerness to learn
- An ability to motivate others
- An ability to multi-task effectively through accurate planning, prioritisation and utilisation of own time and that of the teams
- A willingness to be flexible and adaptable dependent upon the demands of the business dynamics
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4164
Full-Time, Permanent Technical Management Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work in Chorley, Lancashire, North West England. Recruitment services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk