Head of Digital & ICT Infrastructure / IT Operations Manager with experience of leading a team and running ICT services, a strong understanding of cyber threats and safeguards against them, and familiarity with the provision and management of Microsoft 365 services as well as large-scale virtualisation platforms and storage systems, is required for a well-established organisation based in Aberystwyth, Wales.
SALARY: £32,389 - £41,990 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Aberystwyth, Wales
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week – flexible working hours with some Saturdays required on a rota basis (approx. 1 in 8)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Head of Digital & ICT Infrastructure / IT Operations Manager with experience of leading a team and running ICT services, a strong understanding of cyber threats and safeguards against them, and familiarity with the provision and management of Microsoft 365 services as well as large-scale virtualisation platforms and storage systems.
As the Head of Digital & ICT Infrastructure / IT Operations Manager you will lead the technical team, developing and managing the organisation’s infrastructure both within the building and in the cloud.
As well as the provision of day-to-day ICT services for 220 staff working at and remote to the building, the team of 12 maintain the storage and technology that create, protect and present the organisation’s huge digital collections to the people of Wales and beyond.
Working as the Head of Digital & ICT Infrastructure / IT Operations Manager you will manage, administer and develop the section which comprises of 10 Operations staff, 3 Senior System Administrators (direct line manager), a Senior Data and Telecoms Officer and one project-based Senior Systems Administrator.
Your main duties and responsibilities as the Head of Digital & ICT Infrastructure / IT Operations Manager will include:
- Overall responsibility for the physical and virtual server and storage infrastructure
- Actively manage cybersecurity risks
- Provide accountability to the Executive Team and Board by preparing reports, gathering information for auditors and presenting technical advice and information
- Oversee the creation of high-quality documentation relating to infrastructure and procedures
- Managing and ensuring there is adequate second tier support for help desk
- Support the Web Design and Development Section and the Development Section in their software development roles
- Identifying developments in technology to ensure industry best practice and technology trends in regard to servers, storage and other relevant infrastructure areas
- Oversee the overall backup provision for all servers and services
- Collect and assess user requirements for the Digital Archive
- Provide input and advice on the subject of ICT infrastructure, including design and budgetary costing of additional provision
- Take a key role in the Department’s strategic planning in regard to the development and adoption of core infrastructure technologies and approaches
- Work on Saturdays on a rota basis to support services and helpdesk (approx. 1 in 8, additional on-call payment or TOIL)
- A good degree in computing or another scientific or engineering subject OR a relevant higher ICT professional qualification
- Experience of managing ICT Operations service, including managing staff and providing a supported service to users
- Building a Successful Team
- Managing the provision of public-facing websites and other internet services
- Architecting, managing and running Linux Servers
- Designing, managing and running Microsoft desktop and Server environment, including MS 365 cloud platform, Azure and on-premise Active Directory
- Managing and running enterprise virtualisation platforms and storage systems
- An understanding of Cybersecurity, including threats, mitigations and incident management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively, both oral and in writing, in English
- Microsoft or Linux administration professional qualifications
- Cloud storage and application platforms
- Server Configuration/deployment and automation technologies (MS Intune, puppet, ansible, vagrant etc)
- Managing data centre infrastructure (eg UPS, cooling, monitoring)
- Public Sector procurement
- Managing VMWare virtualisation platforms
- Running Open Source application stacks in public production environments. (e.g. LAMP, Java servlets)
- Software deployment and application platforms
- Agile, DevOps and other software and service lifecycle practices
- Containerisation technologies
- Digitisation workflows, including AV digitisation
- Information/Digital Asset management technologies
- The ability to communicate effectively in Welsh, both orally and in writing
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6699
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Aberystwyth, Wales. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk