QBE or Qualified Accountant with experience preparing financial statements, calculating tax and who understands the various statutory and regulatory requirements affecting investment trusts is required for a busy Investment Trust Accounting Department within an International Banking Group.
SALARY: Competitive + Excellent Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: Flexible working with up to a 50% split between your home and the office in Glasgow or Dundee, Scotland
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a QBE or Qualified Accountant with experience preparing financial statements, calculating tax and who understands the various statutory and regulatory requirements affecting investment trusts is required for a busy Investment Trust Accounting Department.
Working as the Investment Trust Accountant you will be responsible for the timely and accurate production of all management and financial accounts information for the assigned Investment Trust Clients.
As the Investment Trust Accountant you will also gain an understanding and ensure compliance with the Company’s Control Framework within the department.
As a successful candidate you will have a great opportunity to join a financial services company that is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets around the world and a global reach covering over 90 markets. This extensive network enables them to provide their institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 30 June 2021, the company had $14.3 trillion in assets under custody, $2.8 trillion in assets under administration, 9,248 funds administered and over 10,380 employees of more than 100 nationalities.
Your duties as the Investment Trust Accountant will include:
- Preparation of monthly board papers (management accounts)
- Preparation of year end and half year financial accounts (including tax provisions). Liaison with auditors and other operational departments
- Understanding of taxation computations and preparation of computations to a draft stage
- Preparation of net asset values reported to Association of Investment Companies (AIC) and Stock Exchange including reconciliations required to validate information
- Preparation of returns to HM Revenue & Customs and Office for National Statistics (e.g. quarterly VAT, National Statistics returns)
- Processing of receipts and payments and maintenance of accounting records
- Understanding and knowledge of various statutory and regulatory requirements affecting Investment Trusts (Companies Act, Accounting Standards, Statement of Recommended Practice)
- Provision of ad hoc information to boards, fund managers and others as required
- General administration and assistance to senior accountant and team leader
- Assist on transitions in of new clients into the department and the exit of outgoing clients
- Possesses the appropriate technical knowledge and experience, in order to prepare the financial statements of UK listed investment trust
- Possesses an appropriate level of communication skills and act in a professional manner
- Possesses advanced skills of numeracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrates control over processes and ensures that all required controls/checks are appropriately carried out and evidenced
- Evidences oversight and understanding of client SLAs
- Works with the team to deepen skills and share knowledge and experience, to increase the sense of personal accountability for development
- Experience in financial services
The company want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to their award winning benefits package which includes:
- A flexible working policy of up to 50% working from home
- A generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays)
- A non-contributory pension of 10%
- Private healthcare and GP service all as standard
- A number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance
The company believe in ensuring all their employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.
The company promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7301
Full-Time, Permanent Finance Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Glasgow or Dundee, Scotland. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk