Investment Research Analyst that has good numeracy and communication skills and keen to develop a career within finance or currently working within the finance industry and looking to progress their career is required for a successful and well-established Company based in Central London.
The Company manage a c.$100m family investment fund, focusing on international equities and credit, from their office in Mayfair, London. Their clients have been entrepreneurially successful in their industry for nearly two centuries and are now in their sixth generation.
Working as the Investment Research Analyst you will join a close, communicative and supportive team. They will share their fascination for how the financial world works with you and train you to become an outstanding professional investor. They hire for the long term and give people the chance to take responsibility.
For them, investing has two aspects – investment research; and data analytics and systems. All team members have a spiritual sympathy for both, even though the Company’s investment research approach is largely non-quantitative – it is about framing the numbers and then assessing cause.
Therefore, they are seeking people who are interested in either investment research, or data analytics and systems, or both.
WHAT THE ROLE INVOLVES – INVESTMENT RESEARCH ANALYST
- Advising on appropriate investments for the fund and recommending these to the portfolio manager
- Understanding the long-term prospects for companies and their securities
- Updating and adapting the view on existing investments based on market and company events
- Analysing management information
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
It is essential that you are educated to at least undergraduate degree level (or equivalent).
For investment research, no specific experience or qualification is necessary – humanities students please apply!
The Company will also assess successful applicants based on these criteria:
- Real life numeracy: can you think in numbers about real life situations?
- Curiosity about cause and trade-offs: why does one thing happen rather than another
- Ability to test a hypothesis: what evidence would you look for to support or disprove your ideas?
- Intellectual flexibility: can you see things from multiple perspectives, see the links between concepts and apply them to new situations
- Ethos: do you enjoy working out the right answer in collaboration with others?
ONLINE NUMERICAL TEST
Candidates will be required to complete a short numerical test that enables the Company to assess candidates for the core skills they need quickly and fairly.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. You will be required to complete an online numerical test. We will be sending an email with details on how to complete this. Please check your emails, including your spam / junk mail folders regularly for our email. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Trainee Investment Research Analyst Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Central London
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk