Third Line Technical Support / Senior Infrastructure Engineer who has a solid technical background covering Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, File Servers, Database Servers, Web Servers, RDS, Azure, Office 365, MS Exchange, Teams, SharePoint, PowerShell, VMWare, Hyper-V, SAN and Cisco, with experience in resolving 3rd and 4th line issues is required for a well-established company based in Cardiff, Wales.
SALARY: up to £68,000 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: Hybrid / Work Remotely and from the office in Cardiff, Wales (must live within a commutable distance to Cardiff)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants MUST have a valid Driving Licence and access to a vehicle as you will be required to visit client sites from time to time.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Third Line Technical Support / Senior Infrastructure Engineer who has a solid technical background covering Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, File Servers, Database Servers, Web Servers, RDS, Azure, Office 365, MS Exchange, Teams, SharePoint, PowerShell, VMWare, Hyper-V, SAN and Cisco, with experience in resolving 3rd and 4th line issues.
Working as a Third Line Technical Support / Senior Infrastructure Engineer your prime responsibility will be for project delivery including the design, implementation and documentation of server infrastructure for new and existing customers, which may involve the occasional visit to a customer site, service review meeting, as well as pre-sales technical consultancy.
As a Third Line Technical Support / Senior Infrastructure Engineer you may be called upon to assist with the day-to-day operations of the IT server hardware used by the organisation and its customers. You will need to be able to provide end to end service and support and will act as an escalation point for more technical issues.
The Third Line Technical Support / Senior Infrastructure Engineer should be comfortable in mentoring and cross training with other colleagues who may be less experienced.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Third Line Technical Support / Senior Infrastructure Engineer will include:
- Project Management; from initial design, implementation, and documentation
- Ensure all relevant technical documentation is always up to date, and engineers are aware of changes to existing customers
- Manage customer technical and pre-sales meetings
- Review of new and existing products and services and identify opportunities for improvement, as well as potential sales opportunities
- Deal with 3rd line support issues ensuring they are being dealt with in a professional, courteous manner over the phone and via email
- Manage calls through their lifecycle pro-actively keeping the customer informed of progress
- Ensure all calls are processed and progressed within SLA’s
- Maintain existing professional qualifications in order to achieve and maintain CNS corporate accreditations
- Cross training with junior members of the team and assist in their development
- Act as a point of contact for third party suppliers and key customer contacts
- Assist in the development of internal business processes and solutions
- Keep up to date with the security of internal and customer systems in line with Microsoft, Cisco, IASME and ISO 27001 best practices
- Ensure all systems are properly maintained; hardware, backups, administrative accounts, replication, policies, and scheduled tasks (where applicable) are working correctly
Essential skills and qualifications:
- On-premises servers – completed multiple successful migrations:
- Experience with AD, DHCP, file servers, database servers and RDS
- Experience with both VMware and Hyper-V
- Experience in providing SAN solutions, including Dell EqualLogic
- Experience of high availability and/or clustering
- Microsoft Azure – Fundamentals (ideally Architect) and completed multiple successful migrations
- Office 365 – Exchange, Teams and SharePoint and completed multiple successful migrations
- Completely comfortable using PowerShell
- Ideally experienced with the support and implementation with the following products/solutions:
- Cisco Umbrella
- Cisco Duo
- Cisco Firepower
- Barracuda (or other SPAM filtering solutions)
- Backup solutions (such as Acronis, Datto and Veeam)
- Comfortable in resolving 3rd/4th line issues and requests
- Excellent ongoing professional and career development opportunities
- Access to the latest technologies
- With 20 years’ experience, join one of the longest established Cisco Premier Partners in South Wales
- Access to onsite gym
- Free parking and onsite cafe
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8596
Full-Time, Permanent IT Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Cardiff, Wales. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk