Independent Fostering Review Manager who is registered with the HCPC and has a CQSW / Diploma in Social Work (or equivalent), experience of front-line management or senior social work, with experience of supervising staff and chairing complex meetings such as Child Protection conferences, multi-agency meetings or carer reviews, is required to join our Southwest Fostering Team at Five Rivers Child Care.
SALARY: £39,000 - £42,750 pro rata + Car Allowance + Generous Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: Your base will be the Truro Office. The post will be required to travel across Devon and Cornwall to complete foster carer annual reviews
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 22.5 hours - working 3 days per week
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will require a full driving licence and access to a vehicle as they will be expected to transport themselves around the area
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Independent Fostering Review Manager to join Five Rivers, one of the UK’s most experienced practitioners in turning around lives of vulnerable children and young people. We provide a range of services for looked-after children including fostering, residential care, education and assessment and therapy.
Due to the on-going expansion of our Fostering Services, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Independent Fostering Review Manager to cover our SouthWest Fostering Service. You will be responsible for reviewing all approved foster carers in a given area, in line with the practice and principles contained within Five Rivers’ Policy and Legislation. You will be part of the Fostering Quality improvements team, reporting to a designated Operational Manager and working alongside the Operational management team to drive standards and performance.
As the Independent Fostering Review Manager you will be required to travel around the area covered by this service, and occasionally beyond. This is an exciting chance for someone to continue to build a fostering service which continues to develop and grow.
As the Independent Fostering Review Manager you will have:
- Registered with the HCPC and have a CQSW / Diploma in Social Work or equivalent
- Experience of front-line management or senior social work
- Experience of supervising staff and chairing complex meetings such as Child Protection conferences, Multi-Agency meetings or carer reviews
- Be able to communicate and engage with colleagues at all levels within the organisation
- Demonstrate a high level of scrutiny, knowledge, and challenge in order to drive forward significant improvements in all services provided by foster carers and their families
- Flexible and creative in your approach to the work
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of legislation, policy and procedures relating to looked after children
- A full driver’s licence and access to a vehicle is required
- The right to work in the UK
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Perkbox Scheme offering discounts in shops, restaurants, websites
- Employee Assistance Programme
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Five Rivers is an Investor in People and Equal Opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6387
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Five Rivers Child Care
Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Truro, Cornwall, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.