Income Recovery Officer / Rent Arrears Credit Controller / Debt Management Collections Advisor with excellent customer service and administrative skills is required by Worthing Homes, an established and successful Housing Association based in West Sussex.
SALARY: £29,317 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
BENEFITS: 26 days holiday increasing to 29 days after 3 years’ service, 4% Employer pension contribution, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance (after 6 months), Employee Assistance Programme.
LOCATION: Worthing, West Sussex
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37 Hours per Week
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will need to hold a full Driving License and have the use of own car
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Income Recovery Officer / Rent Arrears Credit Controller / Debt Management Collections Advisor with excellent customer service and administrative skills.
Working as the Income Recovery Officer / Rent Arrears Credit Controller / Debt Management Collections Advisor you will be a qualified and an experienced professional with drive, organisational ability and vision.
As the Income Recovery Officer / Rent Arrears Credit Controller / Debt Management Collections Advisor you will be customer focused and have the right attitude, drive and enthusiasm, which are key ingredients for this role.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we strive to obtain a high level of commitment and excellence in the delivery of our customer service.
We have invested in the latest technology to enable us to work almost completely electronically and we encourage flexible and agile working.
As a successful candidate, you will have a great opportunity to join a well-established housing association that can offer a great central location to work from within a modern office environment.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Income Recovery Officer / Rent Arrears Credit Controller / Debt Management Collections Advisor:
- Manage a quota of arrears cases by geographical area
- Regularly monitor rent accounts, initiate appropriate action where necessary and apply a consistent approach to arrears management in line with our policies and procedures
- Provide advice and information to residents on benefits, debt management and arrears, referring residents to the Financial Inclusion Co-ordinator or external agencies where appropriate
- With the authorisation of the Neighbourhood Manager, take enforcement action through the County Court, attending hearings and evictions where necessary, ensuring the pre-action protocol is complied with before issuing proceedings
WHO ARE WE?
Helping people create sustainable futures
We believe that good quality affordable housing is the foundation required for so many other things that we all depend on but may take for granted – security, education, health, work and support networks.
It’s much more than bricks and mortar – it’s about people, communities and opportunities.
Worthing Homes has over 3,500 properties in the Sussex coastal area. We provide affordable rented homes, key worker accommodation, low cost shared ownership, sheltered housing and new homes for local people.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we strive to effectively manage, maintain and improve their homes.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience of income recovery to include effective management of Universal Credit claimants
- Evidence of and commitment to the delivery of a high-quality customer service
- Experience of liaising with other internal departments and external agencies including local authority’s housing benefit departments and the DWP to resolve payment queries, maximise income and minimise arrears
- Experience of working with people with complex needs to provide guidance and support
- A full clean driving license and a car available for use as the role will involve visiting residents in their own homes.
We are an inclusive organisation and value each individual’s unique contribution, irrespective of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4589
This vacancy is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Worthing Homes
Full-Time, Permanent Housing Association Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Worthing, West Sussex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.