HR Officer / Human Resources Generalist who is passionate about helping employees to succeed and has excellent organisation and written and verbal communication skills, with previous experience in a similar Human Resources generalist role is required for a small but fast-growing charity that is a world-leader in its specialist field, based in Great Horwood, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
SALARY: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum
LOCATION: Great Horwood, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will require a full UK driving licence
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an HR Officer / Human Resources Generalist who is passionate about the contribution they can make to achieving a charity’s goals and who has excellent organisation and written and verbal communication skills, with previous experience in a similar Human Resources generalist role.
This wide-ranging HR Officer / Human Resources Generalist role is all about getting the best out of the organisation’s people by helping to create the right environment for them to succeed. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will provide HR support and advice to managers and employees regarding employment, recruitment and performance management.
As the HR Officer / Human Resources Generalist you will keep abreast of developments in good HR practice, implement policies and procedures and provide guidance and support to keep all employees aware of updates and changes in the workplace and to foster a safe and positive working environment.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV and covering letter, stating how your skills and experience meet the requirements of this role, as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Don’t delay as the company is keen to appoint and may do so before the closing date.
Your duties and responsibilities as the HR Officer / Human Resources Generalist will include:
- Provide timely HR advice and support to managers across the business
- Advise on employment legislation and charity policies and procedures
- Review and update the Employee Handbook, HR policies and processes
- Provide advice and guidance on role descriptions, pay structures and remuneration
- Collate and provide management information
- Point of contact for employee pension and health and welfare benefits
- Liaise with external HR Consultant when complex advice is required
- Manage the Training and Development Officer
- Manage the recruitment process: producing role descriptions, placing adverts, processing applications, arranging interviews (including Sparkhire online video interviews) and liaising with candidates
- Issue employment contracts
- Undertake employment reference checking procedures
- Undertake initial DBS checks
- Prepare new starter information for payroll input
- Overseeing the “on boarding” process
- Monitor probation periods and issue probation review paperwork to managers
- Manage all administration relating to the key HR activities of the employee life cycle
- Manage the monthly payroll input and liaise with the Finance Manager to check payroll reports
- Oversee staff attendance and absence monitoring
- Calculate annual holiday entitlement and maintain holiday records
- Issue appraisal documentation and assist managers with any follow up actions as necessary
- Issue contractor, placement and work experience paperwork
- Administer monthly joiners and leavers returns for pension scheme and health care and issue monthly return to benefit provider
- Prepare new joiners personnel file and archive leavers when necessary
- Previous experience in a similar HR generalist role
- Up to date knowledge of HR policies, procedures and best practice
- Experience of undertaking a range of HR administrative functions
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with a methodical and accurate approach, combined with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Self-starter and able to use own initiative
- Able to work with, inspire and motivate a wide range of people at different levels
- Well organised, efficient with excellent attention to detail
- Methodical approach to planning and organising workload
- Enthusiastic, confident and motivated
- Ability to treat all matters with absolute confidentiality and integrity
- Able to find innovative and creative ways to save time and resources
- A high level of competency in MS Office packages Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be comfortable working in vicinity of dogs
- CIPD qualified (or similar)
- Experience in people management
- Payroll processing experience
Candidates will require a full UK driving licence and must be willing to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
We may close this vacancy earlier depending on the number of applications received.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV with Covering Letter stating how your experience meets our requirements to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6438
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Great Horwood, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk