HR Advisor who has previous experience working in a generalist HR environment, demonstrating a passion for all areas of HR and the ability to provide sound HR advice and guidance, is required to join our team at The Food & Drink Federation, based in Bloomsbury, London.
SALARY: up to £30,000 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Bloomsbury, London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We’re the Food and Drink Federation (FDF) - the voice of the UK food and drink industry: the largest manufacturing sector in the country. We help our members operate in a highly regulated marketplace to maximise their competitiveness and profitability. Our job is to communicate our industry's values and concerns to Government, regulators, consumers and the media. We also work in partnership with key players in the food supply chain to ensure our food is safe, affordable and nutritious.
The role of HR Advisor is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their generalist HR experience in a supportive and forward-looking environment. Reporting to the Head of HR, you will be responsible for the day to day delivery of HR services as well as providing effective support and advice on key HR policies and processes.
As the HR Advisor you will have a key role in overseeing FDF’s recruitment and selection activities and will be responsible for managing FDF benefits, HR admin processes and systems.
As HR Advisor you will:
- Manage the recruitment, on-boarding and induction processes
- Effectively administer all employee benefits including pensions
- Provide monthly employee information for payroll, and provide basic advice to colleagues on payroll related queries
- Support employees and their managers to identify training and development needs
- Book and manage training courses for employees
- Track appraisal administration and support new employees through the process
- Provide first line support and advice to colleagues on HR related policy and procedures
- Update the Employee Handbook and internal HR policies in line with best practice and legal requirements. Draft new policies as required
- Maintain the HR database to facilitate accurate and timely information, including the tracking of key HR events such as probation periods, fixed term contracts etc.
- Provide HR KPI reports for the Leadership Team and Board
- Update absence records and monitor trends, liaising with the Head of HR where appropriate
- Follow the leaver process and undertake exit interviews as appropriate
Corporate Services support all internal customers (our staff) within FDF. We are a central service, providing support to our colleagues on our specialist remits and are approachable, on-hand and on-site to provide the best service we possibly can, to help our staff work efficiently and effectively.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline
- CIPD qualified, or working towards qualification
- Previous experience working in a generalist HR environment, demonstrating a passion for all areas of HR and the ability to provide sound HR advice and guidance
- Previous experience working for a trade association or within the food and drink sector would be desirable
- Confident, assertive, reliable, self-motivated and totally discrete
- Able to communicate well with individuals at all levels in the organisation, both written and verbally
- Excellent organisation, time-management and administrative skills
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to build effective professional relationships
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Good attention to detail and can use own initiative
- Able to work flexibly and cope with change
FDF is a great place to work where we take wellbeing seriously and have a great benefits package to match, offering a pension scheme, life insurance, 25 days holiday, private healthcare, leisure travel insurance, gym subsidy, interest-free season ticket loan and cycle-to-work scheme.
We’re based in the heart of central London in a modern, bright open-plan office. We have a friendly work culture with great break-out spaces, quiet booths and opportunities for flexible-working. Our ‘Feel Good for Life’ team regularly organises events and activities to promote positive health and wellbeing.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV, Covering Letter and Salary Expectations to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7062
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of the Food & Drink Federation.