HR Administrator who has strong administrative, organisational and time-management skills and knowledge of Human Resource processes and procedures is required for a well-established Charity based in Great Horwood, Milton Keynes.
SALARY: £21,000 - £23,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
LOCATION: Great Horwood, Milton Keynes
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an HR Administrator who has strong administrative, organisational and time-management skills and knowledge of Human Resource processes and procedures.
The organisation train specialist dogs to detect the odour of human disease, providing life-saving alert assistance dogs to people with complex health problems across the UK and collaborating with other researchers, NHS Trusts and Universities internationally to advance the early diagnosis of disease.
The organisation is looking for a proactive HR professional to step into the role of HR Administrator for the charity. This is a great opportunity for someone to put their skills to good use within their small, friendly office in Great Horwood.
Being a small charity, the remit is broad for the HR Administrator and includes supporting managers with HR admin and advice as well as working with the Finance Dept to process the monthly payroll and monthly contributions to the pension scheme.
As the HR Administrator you will need to show strong administrative experience with the ability to successfully coordinate different activities and timescales simultaneously. For example, you may be supporting a recruitment activity whilst ensuring the monthly payroll is processed before the cut off deadline.
To achieve this as the HR Administrator you will need:
- Knowledge of the main HR processes and procedures
- Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Good organisational skills with a flexible mindset for changing priorities
- Good knowledge and experience of using word-processing, spreadsheets, email software and other software packages, as well as supporting online meetings
Note: Covid-19 restrictions permitting, staff are usually based at the offices in Great Horwood.
Your role as HR Administrator will include:
- Process all administration relating to the key HR activities of the employee life cycle
- Liaise with managers to ensure the correct documentation is completed in a timely manner i.e., absence forms, probation reviews, appraisals, etc
- Oversee staff attendance and absences, monitoring and alert managers where action needs to be taken
- Calculate annual holiday entitlement and maintain holiday records
- Issue appraisal documentation and assist managers with any follow up actions as necessary
- Issue contractor, placement and work experience paperwork
- Administer monthly joiners and leavers returns for pension scheme and health care and issue monthly return to benefit provider
- Keep under review and update the Employee Handbook, HR policies and processes
- Prepare payroll data for input and liaise with payroll provider and Finance Dept to resolve any queries
- Support management in note taking capacity in any HR related meetings
- Liaise with the COO and external HR Consultant on any complex advice is required
- Process recruitment admin: producing role descriptions, placing adverts, processing applications, arranging interviews (including Sparkhire online video interviews) and liaising with candidates
- Issue employment contracts
- Undertake employment reference checking procedures
- Undertake initial DBS checks and ensure DBS checks are maintained at the appropriate times using the update service
- Work with the Training and Development Officer on effectiveness of induction and probation process and provide advice to managers in induction best practice
- Monitor probation periods and issue probation review paperwork to managers prior to probation end
- Experience in a similar HR admin or HR generalist role
- Up to date knowledge of HR policies, procedures and best practice
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with a methodical and accurate approach, combined with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- CIPD qualified (or similar)
- Experience of Payroll and pensions processing
- Self starter and able to use own initiative
- Able to work with, inspire and motivate a wide range of people at different levels
- Well organised, efficient with excellent attention to detail
- Methodical approach to planning and organising workload
- Enthusiastic, confident and motivated
- Ability to treat all matters with absolute confidentiality and integrity
- Able to find innovative and creative ways to save time and resources
- A high level of competency in MS Office packages Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence
- Undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Must be comfortable working in vicinity of dogs
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you have the skills and experience the organisation is looking for, please submit your CV and personal statement today.
Please ensure you tailor your CV to highlight appropriate skills and experience to the role and provide a personal statement (500 words maximum) to explain how you feel you meet the requirements of the role and why you feel this is the next career move for you.
Please Note we reserve the right to close the position early, subject to the number of applications received
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7006
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Great Horwood, Milton Keynes. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk