Vulnerable Adults Housing Support Manager with experience of managing a team and of undertaking risk, needs and health and safety assessments in a housing environment is required for a highly successful and innovative Housing Organisation based in Poole, Dorset, South West England.
SALARY: £32,234 - £36,922 pro rata + Benefits
BENEFITS: Local Government Pension Scheme, Free Parking, Generous Holiday Allowance
LOCATION: Poole, Dorset
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 30 hours per week
PLEASE NOTE: This job requires you to have access to a vehicle for work purposes and is subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Vulnerable Adults Housing Support Manager with experience of managing a team and of undertaking risk, needs and health and safety assessments in a housing environment.
Working as the Vulnerable Adults Housing Support Manager you will lead a team of Support Officers in the delivery of a tailored support service to residents, ensuring the sustainment of tenancies through identification and development of innovative solutions and working practices, addressing the challenges of hard-to-engage residents, and implement safeguarding and risk management procedures.
As the Vulnerable Adults Housing Support Manager you will have good knowledge of housing law, community-based support services, safeguarding and domestic abuse, and housing management including interventions to support victims and tackle perpetrators of anti-social behaviour.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Vulnerable Adults Housing Support Manager include:
- Manage the team, including recruitment, training and development, performance management, one-to-one meetings, and annual reviews
- Work effectively across internal teams to ensure identification of vulnerable residents with support needs and clear referral pathways
- Work with Local Authority services to implement procedures which assist in the prevention of homelessness
- Collate data for the tenancy sustainment panel and represent the support team at the panel
- Implement clear procedures which support teams in dealing with the effects of welfare reform and vulnerable residents
- Lead on the implementation of an IT solution within the housing management database to record and report the support service performance information and outcomes
- Ensure that risk assessments and risk management plans are completed
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders including drug and alcohol and mental health services, health and social care in delivering support services to vulnerable residents and leaseholders
- Develop appropriate support services in relation to government strategies, including mental health, homelessness, health and older people, preventative measures regarding anti-social behaviour
- Promote and develop social enterprises such as the Furniture Recycle Scheme, working with partner agencies to gain funding
- Monitor and support outputs and outcomes, ensuring timely completion of information for KPIs and the commentary of explanation for governance
- Prepare and monitor budgets
- Experience of risk and need assessments and health and safety assessments
- Supervising and leading a team
- Managing a retirement housing or supported housing environment
- Working to Support Service contracts
- Partnership working and developing new protocols or services
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g. Chartered Institute of Housing or National Sheltered Housing Certificate or other relevant qualification
- Good knowledge of housing law
- Good knowledge of community-based support services
- Good knowledge of safeguarding and domestic abuse
- Good knowledge of housing management and specifically interventions to support victims and tackle perpetrators of Anti-Social behaviour
- Knowledge of community development
- Knowledge of budget monitoring
- Understanding of financial exclusion
- Access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Able to attend occasional evening meetings
- Able to undertake site inspections, meet staff and clients in their own homes which will often involve climbing stairs
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance
HOW TO APPLY
Once you’ve applied for this role through this site you will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6709
Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Poole, Dorset, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk