Building Project Development Manager (Housing) who holds an HND/HNC in a building related subject and has experience of specifying works and managing contractors with excellent organisational skills is required for a highly successful and innovative Housing Organisation based in Poole, Dorset, South West England.
SALARY: £36,876 - £41,675 per annum + Benefits
BENEFITS: Local Government Pension Scheme, Free Parking and Flexi-time.
LOCATION: Poole, Dorset
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
PLEASE NOTE: This job requires you to have access to a vehicle for work purposes
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Building Project Development Manager (Housing) who holds an HND/HNC in a building related subject and has experience of specifying works and managing contractors with excellent organisational skills.
Working as the Building Project Development Manager (Housing) you will play a lead role in developing and project managing new affordable housing, from inception to completion, ensuring all stakeholders are fully briefed, and working with partners to ensure effective delivery of plans and projects. You will be responsible for preparing and delivering a pipeline of future new build development opportunities, including identifying potential land development, site expansion and rationalisation of housing stock.
As the Building Project Development Manager (Housing), you will hold an HND/HNC in a building related subject, and an HND/HNC in construction studies would be an advantage. You should have experience of specifying works and managing contractors and consultants; producing development appraisals; and acquisition of land development agreements, land transfers and funding agreements. You should also have an understanding of grant funding regimes; construction contracts, processes and law; health and safety law; public consultation; and public procurement regulations.
With a customer-focused, flexible, collaborative and well organised working style, and the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, you will be self-motivated, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good attention to detail and the ability to analyse and problem-solve.
Candidates must have access to a vehicle for work purposes.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV and a Supporting Statement as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Building Project Development Manager (Housing) include:
- Identify and facilitate new build affordable housing projects, with the responsibility for compiling and project managing the project brief, scope, design, planning and delivery from inception through to completion
- Be responsible for the programme management of a range of development projects. Provide a coordination role for internal services, procurement, Finance, Legal, Housing Management and Estates in the production of new build affordable housing
- Use own initiative to identify opportunities for new build and to ensure that all stakeholders support proposals under development
- Production of the client technical brief or employers requirements for the engagement of specialist professional consultants, contractors evaluating competitive fee proposals for cost, quality and sustainability
- Obtain quotes and commission specialist works, services and contracts associated with new build projects, e.g. ground and drainage surveys, Topo surveys, ecology and arboriculture surveys
- Liaise with other local and national public bodies in the delivery of client project management functions associated with new build projects, e.g. Planning Authority, LABC, NHBC, Public Utility providers and Fire Authority
- Commission and evaluate feasibility studies and carry out viability assessments for new housing development scheme, using initiative and creativity during the project planning process, in advance of commencing the formal procurement process
- Ensure accurate and timely asset intelligence information is produced on the completion of all new build, major works and planned investment projects, ensuring operational manuals, building drawings, warrantee certificates etc. are produced for future maintenance operation, to include populating the centralised housing management and stock database with asset intelligence data
- Provide the Lettings team with advanced notice of all the technical information for completions, handover schedule and administration of nominations in good time, liaising with the Housing Officers and Lettings team where the implementation of a Local Lettings Plan is required
- Ensure that appropriate agreements are in place regarding any property acquisitions. Be responsible for arranging any conveyancing documents for Legal Services
- Prepare specifications, schedules of work and any cost/estimates where required and ensure that all new build, major and minor works order/contracts comply with appropriate legislation, codes of practice, British/European standards, Council’s Standing Orders and financial regulations
- Coordinate work activities and liaise with colleagues, with emphasis on maintaining a consistent approach in relation to project management, specification and performance standards. Bring to the attention of senior staff any aspects demanding further action or resolution and participate in discussions and meetings as necessary
- Maintain an awareness of changes in relevant legislation and practices and ensure this is quickly shared with other relevant staff within the organisation
- Meet all client/designer responsibilities and duties in respect of Health and Safety legislation for construction activities and ensure that contractors meet their responsibilities and duties in respect of Health and Safety legislation
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- HND/HNC in a Building related course is essential
- A Building related qualification/HND/HNC in construction studies with a significant period of directly related experience is desirable
- Specifying works and managing contractors and/or consultants on building related projects
- Producing development appraisals
- Acquisitions of land development agreements, land transfers, funding agreement, etc
- Excellent customer care skills
- Proven project and/or contractor management skills
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to analyse complex problems and provide innovative solutions through the use of modern building techniques
- Understanding of Homes England grant funding regimes and ability to co-ordinate funding bids to help deliver affordable housing programme
- Some understanding of construction contracts, processes and law
- Working knowledge of public consultation and participation methods
- Good understanding of Public Procurement Regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Self-motivated individual with good organisational skills
- Flexible and cooperative working style with the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Committed to excellence in public services
- A strong commitment to equality and diversity
- Use of a vehicle for work
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and a Supporting Statement to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5001
Full Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Poole, Dorset, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk