Sheltered Housing Officer who is passionate about the delivery of excellent, customer-focused public sector housing services is required for a highly successful and innovative Housing Organisation based in Poole, Dorset, South West England.
SALARY: £22,183 - £25,991 pro rata + Benefits
BENEFITS: Local Government Pension Scheme, Free Parking
LOCATION: Poole, Dorset
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 24 Hours per Week
PLEASE NOTE: This job is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and barring Service (DBS) check and requires you to have access to a vehicle for work purposes
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Housing Officer with experience in housing management or a similar role supporting vulnerable individuals.
The organisation is seeking an enthusiastic, effective and committed Sheltered Housing Officer who is passionate about the delivery of excellent public sector housing services, to join their dedicated professional Sheltered Housing team, helping to deliver a first-class service to their Sheltered Housing residents in tenancy management, developing strong communities and encouraging active residents.
Working as the Sheltered Housing Officer, you need to be experienced in working with older people or people with vulnerabilities and have the ability to assess needs for housing and support, and to undertake risk assessments. If you have experience in areas such as mental health, health and support services or housing law it will be an advantage, although the Organisation can support the right person to gain these skills. It is essential however, that you are someone who strives for success, who aligns with their values and who supports their desire to develop and deliver the best services possible for their customers.
As the Sheltered Housing Officer, you should have a flexible and customer-focused working style and have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be well organised with the ability to prioritise your workload and work effectively under pressure, including managing emergency situations should they arise. You will enjoy working in a mutually supportive and collaborative team environment but also have the ability to work well on your own initiative.
Candidates must have access to a vehicle for work purposes with the ability to work effectively without supervision and using good judgement in decision making.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV and a Supporting Statement as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead on continually assessing the needs and risks of residents living on the patch through preventative calls, visits and annual tenancy reviews to raise and follow up any safeguarding concerns
- Make referrals to the Support team for a full needs and risk assessment when necessary
- Identify personal care issues through preventative work and liaise with the appropriate key partners
- Liaise with, and signpost to, other agencies to ensure residents have access to services necessary to maintain their independence
- Work closely with the Borough Operations Centre ensuring that effective communication regarding residents and scheme management is maintained, providing a consistent service to residents
- Provide information on community facilities and resources available to residents and activities to promote inclusion into the wider community and help residents overcome social isolation
- Provide general advice such as alternative housing options, safety and security etc.
- Carry out new and introductory tenant visits
- Tackle incidents of anti-social behaviour and tenancy breaches
- Work closely with Neighbourhood Policing Teams to reduce anti-social behaviour and fear of crime
- Accurately maintain files and IT based recording systems and provide statistical performance information
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in housing management or a similar role supporting vulnerable individuals
- Experience of partnership working
- Experience of monitoring services (e.g. facilities management [repairs, cleaning, grounds maintenance] health and safety)
- Good standard of general education including English and Maths
- Ability to deliver excellent housing management services
- Ability to learn quickly and work flexibly in a changing environment
- High standards of literacy and numeracy with the ability to present both written and verbal information effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a diverse and pressurised workload, to target and without supervision
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet)
- Strong observational skills and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of social housing and residents’ rights and responsibilities
- Knowledge of housing law, housing support and sheltered housing management
- Knowledge of statutory and voluntary sector support services for vulnerable individuals
- Knowledge of welfare and benefit rights and health and safety
- Commitment to excellent and responsive customer service and service delivery
- Positive attitude to equality and diversity
- Able to visit residents on the patch (and the wider locality on occasion) in their own homes at times to suit the client, which may involve climbing stairs
- Access to a vehicle for work
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
HOW TO APPLY
Once you’ve applied for this role through this site you will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6121
Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Poole, Dorset, South West England. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk