Sheltered Housing Officer who is passionate about the delivery of excellent, customer-focused public sector housing services is required for a highly successful and innovative Housing Organisation based in Poole, Dorset, South West England.
SALARY: £21,589 - £25,295 per annum + Benefits
BENEFITS: Generous Holiday Allowance, Superb Pension Scheme, Free Parking and Flexi-time
LOCATION: Poole, Dorset
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
KEY REQUIREMENT: This job requires you to have access to a vehicle for work purposes and is subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.
PLEASE NOTE: We require all CVs to be accompanied with a Cover Letter. We recommend including the Cover Letter and CV in one document.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Housing Officer with experience in housing management or a similar role supporting vulnerable individuals.
The organisation is seeking an enthusiastic, effective and committed Sheltered Housing Officer who is passionate about the delivery of excellent public sector housing services, to join their dedicated professional Sheltered Housing team, helping to deliver a first-class service to their Sheltered Housing residents in tenancy management, developing strong communities and encouraging active residents.
Working as the Sheltered Housing Officer, you need to be experienced in working with older people or people with vulnerabilities and have the ability to assess needs for housing and support, and to undertake risk assessments. If you have experience in areas such as mental health, health and support services or housing law it will be an advantage, although the Organisation can support the right person to gain these skills. It is essential however, that you are someone who strives for success, who aligns with their values and who supports their desire to develop and deliver the best services possible for their customers.
As the Sheltered Housing Officer, you should have a flexible and customer-focused working style and have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be well organised with the ability to prioritise your workload and work effectively under pressure, including managing emergency situations should they arise. You will enjoy working in a mutually supportive and collaborative team environment but also have the ability to work well on your own initiative.
Candidates must have access to a vehicle for work purposes with the ability to work effectively without supervision and using good judgement in decision making.
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead on continually assessing the needs and risks of residents living on the patch through preventative calls, visits and annual tenancy reviews to raise and follow up any safeguarding concerns
- Make referrals to the Support team for a full needs and risk assessment when necessary
- Identify personal care issues through preventative work and liaise with the appropriate key partners
- Liaise with, and signpost to, other agencies to ensure residents have access to services necessary to maintain their independence
- Work closely with the Borough Operations Centre ensuring that effective communication regarding residents and scheme management is maintained, providing a consistent service to residents
- Provide information on community facilities and resources available to residents and activities to promote inclusion into the wider community and help residents overcome social isolation
- Provide general advice such as alternative housing options, safety and security etc.
- Carry out new and introductory tenant visits
- Tackle incidents of anti-social behaviour and tenancy breaches
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in housing management or a similar role supporting vulnerable individuals
- Experience of partnership working
- Good standard of general education including English and Maths
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet)
- The ability to present both written and verbal information effectively
- Ability to use good judgement in work decisions
- Good team player, able to work supportively and collaboratively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a diverse and pressurised workload, to target, and without supervision
- Ability to learn quickly and work flexibly in a changing environment
- Access to a vehicle for work
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS / Disclosure and Barring Service check
HOW TO APPLY
We require all CVs to be accompanied with a Cover Letter. We recommend including the Cover Letter and CV in one document.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5246
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk