Housing Officer who is passionate about the delivery of excellent, customer-focused housing management services is required for a highly successful and innovative Housing Organisation based in Poole, Dorset, South West England.
SALARY: £27,041 - £31,346 pro rata + Benefits
BENEFITS: Local Government Pension Scheme, Free Parking, Generous Holiday Allowance
LOCATION: Poole, Dorset
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
PLEASE NOTE: This job requires you to have access to a vehicle for work purposes and is subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Housing Officer with experience in housing management or a similar role.
Working as the Housing Officer you will report to the Housing Manager and play a vital role in developing strong sustainable communities, provide a first-class neighbourhood and tenancy management service and encourage active resident participation. Offering advice and support to tenants, and through multi-agency working including enforcement, you will deliver a focussed and flexible service, tailored to the diverse needs of the communities.
As the Housing Officer, you must have access to a vehicle for work purposes with the ability to work effectively without supervision and using good judgement in decision making. You must thrive in a high performing, innovative and fast paced environment with excellent interpersonal skills and written / verbal communication skills.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Housing Officer include:
- Work in partnership with residents, with a focus on strengthening communities and neighbourhoods in a defined ‘patch’. Encourage involvement and liaise with tenants as appropriate
- Ensure published service standards are met and residents have meaningful input into strategies and service delivery in the area
- Attend public meetings at times that best suit the residents
- Manage changes to tenancies effectively and lawfully, throughout the duration of a tenancy
- Assess nominations for new tenancies for suitability (matching applicants needs with a property), including contact with other agencies to verify supporting information and carry out pre-tenancy investigation, training, interviews and visits when necessary
- Undertake complex or less usual sign ups of new tenants
- Devise and implement strategies to assist tenants in securing accommodation suitable to their changing needs
- Visit all new tenants within two months of the tenancy commencement date to provide advice, identify support needs and ensure they are aware of their responsibilities
- Undertake an agreed programme of Tenancy Review Visits
- Lead on Estate Grading inspections, ensuring that any necessary work by the relevant teams and agencies are actioned and then reported back
- Report any issues with contracted services such as cleaning and grounds maintenance to the Estates Officer
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in housing management or a similar role desirable
- Experience of working with people with mental health issues and liaising with health and support services desirable but not essential
- Experience in working in a customer facing role
- Good standard of general education including Maths and English
- Ability to deliver excellent housing management services
- Ability to learn quickly and work flexibly in a changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use good judgement in work decisions
- Good team player, able to work supportively and collaboratively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a diverse and pressurised workload, to target, and without supervision
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of Housing Law an advantage
- Knowledge of the national issues affecting affordable housing
- Thrives in a high performing, innovative and fast-paced environment
- Access to a vehicle for work
HOW TO APPLY
Once you’ve applied for this role through this site you will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5917
Full-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Poole, Dorset, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk