Housing Officer / Housing Options Support Officer with proven experience in a similar role and strong knowledge of homelessness and housing legislations and Policies.
SALARY: £25,481 - £27,041 pro rata + Benefits
LOCATION: Rutland, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, 12 Months Fixed Term Contract (maternity cover)
WORKING HOURS: 30 hours per Week (some weekend and evening work when required)
PLEASE NOTE: The Housing Options Officer post will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Housing Officer / Housing Options Support Officer with proven experience in a similar role and a strong knowledge of homelessness and housing legislations and policies.
Working as a Housing Officer / Housing Options Support Officer you will support the service by delivering efficient and effective Housing Options, Homelessness and Prevention services in line with the organisation’s statutory duty. The post holder will work alongside colleagues within the Housing Options Team and the wider Directorates to ensure the successful delivery of all relevant strategies, in particular the early intervention, prevention and safeguarding teams across Adult and Children’s Social Care.
As a Housing Officer / Housing Options Support Officer you will also be required to support and work alongside the Senior Housing Options Officer in representing Housing at meetings both internally and externally, along with having experience of chairing meetings. You will need to be committed to developing strong working relationships internally and externally.
Your duties as a Housing Officer / Housing Options Support Officer will include:
- Ensure a high-quality housing options and advice service is given to Customers
- Maintain ongoing knowledge and understanding of relevant housing legislation and the organisation’s statutory duties and commitments in providing housing services to those who are, have been or are likely to become homeless
- Investigate cases where there is a threat of homelessness
- Regularly liaise with all Register Providers, private landlords and other agencies and develop links to support the housing options service
- Arrange and support systems to provide home visits, appointments and duty based contact to people in need of advice in respect of homelessness and applications for housing
- Support and ensure the effective management of the housing register
- Assist and support customers to retain their existing accommodation
- Support the arrangements for the use of temporary accommodation, including the use of Bed and Breakfast
- Notify and keep the Senior Housing Options Officer and Team Manager aware of any budget spend in relation to temporary accommodation
- Attend any Court hearing on any appropriate homelessness matters when required and work in collaboration with Citizens Advice
- Provide performance information and collate statistical data as required
- Educated to NVQ Level 4 or equivalent in-job training within a housing background
- Evidence of attainment of short courses via Institute of Housing or other providers to maintain knowledge
- Experience and demonstrable knowledge of homelessness and housing legislation and Policy
- In depth experience of undertaking homelessness assessment and investigation including homelessness legislation and statutory procedures
- Experience of monitoring and statistical collation and reporting
- Knowledge of the legal and service delivery frameworks for non-landlord local authority housing services
- Knowledge of statutory and Council policies with regard to the allocation of council/social housing
- Proficient in ICT, including Microsoft Windows, MS Office, internet and email
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to be able to assess risk and to be able to feedback concerns to appropriate staff and agencies when required
- Experience of working in an environment involving partnership working and programme delivery
- Mobile and able to work from various locations
- Able to have a flexible working pattern and be able to work some evenings and weekends where required
- A safe working environment
- Structured salary reviews
- Generous annual leave entitlement, plus 8 days paid bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Occupational health service
- Flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C7534
Full-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Rutland, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk