Customer Service & Guest Relations Hotel Receptionist who has excellent customer service, communication, organisational and administrative skills is required to greet and welcome all guests and potential clients in a courteous and efficient manner for a well-established hotel chain based in Central London.
LOCATION: Central London (Holborn / Russell Square)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Customer Service & Guest Relations Hotel Receptionist who has excellent customer service, communication, organisational and administrative skills is required to greet and welcome all guests and potential clients in a courteous and efficient manner.
Working as the Customer Service & Guest Relations Hotel Receptionist you will manage all incoming reservation enquiries and escalate to the appropriate team member when required. You will also carry out a range of administrative tasks such as updating the room statuses on the system, send end-of-day reports to the Head Office and update guest records.
As the Customer Service & Guest Relations Hotel Receptionist you will be extremely personable with excellent customer service skills and a helpful, friendly manner.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Customer Service & Guest Relations Hotel Receptionist include:
- File and keep all guest registration records secure and confidential
- Update guest records in the PMS system
- Update room statuses on the system
- Ensure all faxes, messages and correspondence are passed to guests or the relevant department
- Check and send End-of-Day reports to Head Office daily
- Report any problems with the End-of-Day reports to the Shift-leader, Assistant Reception Manager or Reception Manager
- To be fully conversant with all telephone and switchboard equipment
- Keep record and be familiar with all extension numbers in the Hotel
- Answer all internal and external telephone calls received at reception within three rings
- Welcome guests upon arrival, help them to register, assign rooms and direct them to the room while informing them of all in-room and Hotel facilities
- Attend to all guests and potential clients at the Front Desk in a courteous and efficient manner
- Answer customer enquiries politely and efficiently
- Notify the Duty Manager/Front of House Manager/ Guest Relations Manager of the arrival of all VIPs
- Ensure all room moves are dealt with and recorded efficiently
- Be aware of guests’ special requirements and communicate them to relevant departments
- Identify return and regular clients and make sure their special requirements are met
- Obtain sufficient security before checking in a guest, i.e. card pre-authorisation, cash deposit, clear bill back instruction in writing
- Ensure all bills and room charges are posted correctly
- Ensure correct amount of payment is charged to the guest
- Ensure corrections/adjustments are done correctly and authorised by the Reception Manager/Front of House Manager
- Send all bills of departed guests to Head Office
- Make sure ledger bills are printed with the correct details, including guest title, name, company name, company address, reference number, purchase order number, itemised charges and VAT breakdown, and any other details specified in the correspondence
- Prepare Banking at the end of each shift and ensure all money banked is kept safe and secure for collection
- Perform credit check for all in-house guests at least once per shift and inform the Reception Manager/Front of House manager of any issues
- To take all reservation enquiries by telephone, fax, email and in person in the absence of a Reservations Agent
- Promote and upsell the Hotel facilities aiming to maximise occupancy and revenue
- Be fully conversant with the rate structure and current promotions
- Enter correctly all reservation details into the system
- To be fully conversant with hotel and in-room facilities as well as local attractions, transport routs etc. in order to be able to answer any related customer enquiries
- Accept changes or additions in work hours, which are necessary for the maintenance of uninterrupted service to hotel guests
- To observe and implement procedures of dealing with emergency situations, fire prevention and Health and Safety
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7523
Full Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Central London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk