Housing Support Worker (Nights) with strong organisational and communication skills and experience of supporting socially disadvantaged and vulnerable people is required for a well-established charity based in York, Yorkshire.
SALARY: £18,825 per annum + Excellent Benefits (see below)
LOCATION: York, Yorkshire, North East England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
HOURS: 37 hours per week on a rota basis
Do You Have?
- Experience of supporting socially disadvantaged and vulnerable people?
- Experience of working in an environment that is health and safety conscious?
- Experience and/or willingness to work with clients who may demonstrate challenging behaviour?
- Experience of working in an environment that requires confidentiality?
If so, this role could be for you.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve expressed your interest in the role, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Housing Support Worker with strong organisational and communication skills and experience of supporting socially disadvantaged and vulnerable people.
As the Housing Support Worker you will be responsible for delivering a high-quality housing management service to individuals in a Hostel environment.
Working as the Housing Support Worker you will support the team in embedding meaningful structured client engagement throughout the project and within the local community, ensuring that the people the charity support have their perspectives and priorities represented and reflected in needs assessments and the service planning process.
ABOUT THE CHARITY
The Charity began in 1970 offering food and shelter to people experiencing homelessness in the North East. Since then, services have grown and developed to support people experiencing a wide range of personal challenges, including addiction and recovery programmes, employment guidance, help for people in prison or on probation, and support for people experiencing sexual exploitation or domestic abuse.
Today the charity employs over 600 staff, has 400 volunteers and operates from Berwick to London giving people hope and aspiration that their lives can change.
They believe that everyone deserves a safe home, a rewarding job and a life free from addiction or abuse. They also believe that, given the right support, anyone can change their life for the better. By focusing on strengths, potential and opportunities, they help over 14,000 people overcome their problems and live safe, successful, independent lives each year.
Your duties as the Housing Support Worker will include:
- Build community-based networks on behalf of Individuals using the project
- Coordinate and support staff to assist individuals to identify their future housing options
- Support individuals in dispersed accommodation by providing tenancy training
- Complete weekly room checks and ensure any repairs, deco is completed and meet the standards of the project
- Be involved in the day-to-day repairs and maintenance requirements
- Inspecting the property on a daily basis ensuring that the health and safety is maintained
- Support with inventories on properties
- Ensure that individuals are receiving the correct benefits
- Ensure records are accurate and up to date
- Ensure that the set requirements for the protection and safeguarding of vulnerable adults and all statutory guidelines are followed
- Experience of supporting socially disadvantaged and vulnerable people
- Experience of working in an environment that is health and safety conscience
- Experience and/or willingness to work with clients who may demonstrate challenging behaviour
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Microsoft Office packages and internal IT systems
- Commitment to equality and diversity
- Understanding of housing benefit and void management is desirable
- NVQ level 2 in Social Care or equivalent appropriate qualification is desirable
- Long established local employer
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Annual Pay Review
- Employee Pension scheme 5% Employee / 3% Employer
- Death in Service Benefit
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- CLUB Scheme – Access to Online Discounts
- Comprehensive Learning & Development Opportunities
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6250
Full-Time, Permanent, Night Work Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in York, Yorkshire, North East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk