Agricultural Crop Grower / Horticultural Manager who is practical and decisive and understands how an effective and efficient crop growing operation can contribute to stronger overall business profitability is required for a well-established and leading fresh produce company based in Faversham, Kent.
SALARY: circa. £36,000 per annum
LOCATION: Faversham, Kent
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Agricultural Crop Grower / Horticultural Manager who is practical and decisive and understands how an effective and efficient crop growing operation can contribute to stronger overall business profitability.
Working as an Agricultural Crop Grower / Horticultural Manager you will be responsible for growing a high yielding crop that meet the needs of retail supermarket customer specifications including quality assurance, crop husbandry and achieving production targets & goals in areas designated by Head of Soft Fruit Growing.
As the Agricultural Crop Grower / Horticultural Manager you will be managing and monitoring the cycle from plant delivery to harvest, ensuring that all purchased plants meet the company’s quality specification and all crops are maintained in a diseases and pest free manner.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as Agricultural Crop Grower / Horticultural Manager will include:
- Ensure that all purchased plants meet the company’s quality specification reporting any problems to the Head of Soft Fruit Growing immediately
- Ensure that tunnels and troughs are prepared in accordance with operational procedure as directed by the Head of Soft Fruit Growing, including stock control of relevant materials
- Oversee the planting operations and quality of all commercial crops
- Plan and deliver against the annual husbandry tasks and labour requirements
- Implement irrigation, fertigation and plant protection products as required throughout the season and maintain records to enable future analysis and improvements
- Ensure that spraying is in compliance with current legislation and agreed guidelines
- Providing accurate yield information, developing an annual crop calendar, husbandry staff power plan, carry out monthly stock takes of chemical and fertilizers and ensure that field maps are correct and up to date
- Ensure that crop and environmental systems are accurately controlled and monitored all the times
- Arrange leaf, soil and water analysis to the matrix plan
- Ensure bio controls are applied in time
- Ensure pests and diseases are monitored and appropriate action is taken
- Produce a crop prediction report on weekly basis
- Ensure that all growing practices and procedures are compliant with Nurtures Choice, Assured Produce and any other auditing bodies
- Work closely with Technical Department. Ensure that any potential problems are reported to Head of Soft Fruit Growing or in his absence the operations Director
- To ensure plating targets are delivered and budgets and yields are delivered against target
- All records are kept up to date and traceability of plants and operations is achieved
- You will be practical and decisive and understands how an effective and efficiently run growing operation can contribute to stronger overall business profitability
- You will have the ability to plan and organise meticulously to ensure successful outcomes in terms of adherence to quality, cost and timeframe parameters
- You will be a strong communicator both within and outside the Growing Team and able to develop productive working relationships with colleagues in other parts of the business
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7482
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Faversham, Kent. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk