Domiciliary Home Care Worker with a clear understanding of domiciliary care work, good communication skills and an understanding of the health and social care sector and care in the community, working with vulnerable adults is required for an outstanding care company based in Harlow, Essex
SALARY: £9.00 - £12.00 per hour (depending on experience) + Generous Mileage Pay
LOCATION: Harlow, Epping and Nazeing areas – candidates will preferably live within a 8 mile radius of one of these locations
JOB TYPE: Permanent - Full-Time or Part-Time
** Full and Part Time Positions Available **
** Full Induction and Continuous Award-Winning Training **
** Career Development Opportunities **
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must be able to drive and have access to their own vehicle
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Domiciliary Home Care Worker with a clear understanding of domiciliary care work, good communication skills and an understanding of the health and social care sector and care in the community, working with vulnerable adults.
As the Domiciliary Home Care Worker you will work without direct supervision in the home of the service user, providing care and support including personal, social and domestic support whilst adhering to the service users individual care and support plan.
The aim of the position is to enable service users to remain safely in their own home with as much independence as possible. Alongside providing care and support in a professional, discreet and caring manner, the Domiciliary Home Care Worker will always ensure the service users right to privacy and dignity is maintained.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company is an outstanding domiciliary care company who deliver a high standard of care to individuals with a varied range of needs. They aim to provide a competent, courteous, and equal service to all their clients. Their service is professional, reliable, and responsive to the individual needs of their clients.
- Full Induction and continuous award-winning training
- Free QCF training after probation period
- 2 free uniforms and clipboards
- Fantastic “In field” support
- Defined Career Path
- Part investment in your professional development – Induction to the Care Certificate
- Career development opportunities
- Local work
- Performance Bonus
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your main duties and responsibilities as the Domiciliary Home Care Worker will include:
- Supporting/assisting clients in all aspects of daily living, paying particular attention to service users with limited mobility, physical, learning and mental health concerns
- Toileting, washing, bathing, showering, oral care, grooming
- Using manual handling equipment as specified
- Working with other care professionals such as District Nurses, GPs, Social services etc.
- Assisting with prescribed medication
- Assist customers to go to bed, including undressing and washing
- Preparation of meals and assistance with feeding
- Shopping and supplies management
- Keeping accurate records of care visits
- Observe care planning needs, completing written daily records
- Observe Health and Safety at Work legislation
- Act courteously toward service user and their visitors, respecting their dignity
- Effectively manage own workload and time, whilst being flexible
- Be able to recognise abuse and the policies and procedures to follow
- Understanding of the principles of care/End of life-care
- Good communication skills
- Ability to understand what the role entails
- Ability to follow instructions
- An understanding of the health and social care sector and care in the community
- Ability and willingness to undertake personal care
- Drivers Licence and access to a vehicle for work
- A clear understanding of Domiciliary care work
- A clear understanding of working with vulnerable adults
- Able to attend all customer calls
- Understand the importance of such calls
- Be able to cope with emergency and difficult situations
- Ability to communicate with other people
- Maintain high standards of care provision
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6238
Full-Time and Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Harlow, Essex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk