VMU HGV Workshop Manager / Vehicle Maintenance Unit Controller who has excellent team leadership and supervisory skills with experience working within a busy commercial garage ensuring the mechanics / vehicle technicians repair and service vehicles within the required timescales is required to join our team at Allied Bakeries based in Walthamstow, East London.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits.
BENEFITS: Generous Annual Leave Entitlement, Pension Scheme with Life Assurance, Discount on Company Products, Discount Scheme providing savings on hundreds of retail brands, Subsidised Canteen, Cycle to Work Scheme, Simply Health Scheme, Death in Service Benefit, Employee Assistance Programme
LOCATION: Walthamstow, East London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
Are you great every day and want to be part of a winning team leading our skilled technicians with the safe operation of our fleet? You can support the team delivering fresh baked bread and many other delicious bakery items to our customer each day!
At Allied Bakeries we have a fantastic new job opportunity for an VMU HGV Workshop Manager / Vehicle Maintenance Unit Controller who has excellent team leadership and supervisory skills with experience working within a busy commercial garage leading a team of mechanics / vehicle technicians.
Working as the VMU HGV Workshop Manager / Vehicle Maintenance Unit Controller, with a fleet of around 40 HGV’s and FLT, you will ensure all vehicles are serviced in a timely manner (within ‘O’ Licence time limits) and that all work and paperwork is completed to the required standard (by QC inspections and on the job audits).
As the VMU HGV Workshop Manager / Vehicle Maintenance Unit Controller you will be part of a winning team, leading the skilled mechanics / vehicle technicians with the safe operation of the Company’s fleet.
Your duties as a VMU HGV Workshop Manager / Vehicle Maintenance Unit Controller will include:
- Planning the workload, sourcing parts for repairs and servicing in accordance with all company and legal requirements
- Upskilling and development of the small team of VMU technicians
- Monitor all defects and ensure that the repairs are completed
- Ensure all spares that are ordered meet with the company standards and are purchased from an approved supplier
- Be Audit ready at all times (DVSA, AB Central, Stock Check)
- Ensure all LOLER inspections are completed according to the inspection schedule and that all repairs are completed within our agreed time frame
- Demonstrate an understanding of the financial system and the weekly cost reports
- Conduct bi Annual Technician 1-2-1 performance reviews
- Work alongside the Regional VMU Manager to deliver a high quality VMU service to all departments
- Take the leading role in the day to day organisation of the workshop and the workload
- Actively promote the ‘Safety First’ ethos within the VMU, leading by example
- Support the development of the apprentices within the VMU
- Servicing in accordance with all legal and company requirements
ABOUT ALLIED BAKERIES
Like our Loaf's Good Superhero you too could become great every day and be part of our amazing team delivering freshly baked bread and many other delicious items to our customers every day!
As part of Associated British Foods who are one of Britain’s leading companies, we at Allied Milling and Baking produce and deliver freshly baked bread and many other delicious items to our customers every day!
There's more to Allied Bakeries than just being a leading company with great products, we have an excellent team and know that good people really do make the difference.
- Although job accountabilities are clear, working from your own initiative is a benefit to this role
- To lead small team focusing on shared good working practices
- To drive your personal development, demonstrating a positive can do attitude to your work and always reflecting our company values
- Adopt a safety first mind-set, adhere to safe systems of work reporting any defects or hazards
- Demonstrate a flexible approach moving between the various tasks, being open and willing to learn and develop new skills supporting the wider business functions
- Maintain a clean, safe and legal environment, meeting the agreed standards in hygiene, housekeeping and compliance
- Ensure first class communication with the transport and warehousing departments
WANT TO JOIN ALLIED BAKERIES? WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
If you join the company, in addition to an attractive salary, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Excellent Holiday Package, colleagues who work 4 days a week enjoy 28 days holiday a year
- Pension Scheme with Life Assurance, starting at 4% matched by the business up to 10% of matched contribution with their Parent Company
- Sample their fantastic products at a hugely discounted price
- Benefits for you and your family which provides great savings at more than 500 business/outlets including Tesco, Sainsbury, M&S, Curry's/PC World, including healthcare, gym discounts and saving on your holidays
- Have a sandwich in their subsidised canteen, using their delicious bread or a hot meal. Breakfast or lunch at a fraction of the price
- Cycle to work scheme- Helping you to get to work with a range of great bikes on offer
- Discounted rates with Simply Health for dentists, opticians, chiropractors etc.
- Death in service benefits up to 4 times your salary
- Refer scheme - Refer a friend and if the company employs them, you get the reward £££. This is now £500 if you refer an HGV driver to the company
- Family friendly and flexible working schemes - designed to help meet the needs of individuals and the business
- Employee Assistance Programme - A free and confidential support service for employees covering a wide range of topics including financial guidance through to relationship and legal advice
- Charitable giving – The company is just about to launch a charity partnership with Save the Children. You can deliver a slice of kindness through donating to a charity through payroll
- Free on-site car parking facilities
- Excellent local public transport links
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7557
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Allied Bakeries / Kingsmill