VMU HGV Workshop Manager / Vehicle Maintenance Unit Controller who has excellent leadership / supervisory skills, first class communication and organisation skills and a flexible approach is required for a well-established manufacturing company based in Walthamstow, East London.
SALARY: Up to £45,000 per annum + Benefits
BENEFITS: Generous Annual Leave Entitlement, Pension Scheme with Life Assurance, Discount on Company Products, Discount Scheme providing savings on hundreds of retail brands, Subsidised Canteen, Cycle to Work Scheme, Simply Health Scheme, Death in Service Benefit, Employee Assistance Programme
LOCATION: Walthamstow, East London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an VMU HGV Workshop Manager / Vehicle Maintenance Unit Controller who has excellent leadership/supervisory skills, first class communication and organisation skills and a flexible approach.
Working as the VMU HGV Workshop Manager / Vehicle Maintenance Unit Controller, with a fleet of around 40 HGV’s and FLT, you will ensure all vehicles are serviced in a timely manner (within ‘O’ Licence time limits) and that all work and paperwork is completed to the required standard (by QC inspections and on the job audits).
As the VMU HGV Workshop Manager / Vehicle Maintenance Unit Controller you will be part of a winning team, leading the skilled technicians with the safe operation of the Company’s fleet.
Your duties as a VMU HGV Workshop Manager / Vehicle Maintenance Unit Controller will include:
- Planning the workload, sourcing parts for repairs and servicing in accordance with all company and legal requirements
- Upskilling and development of the small team of VMU technicians
- Monitor all defects and ensure that the repairs are completed
- Ensure all spares that are ordered meet with the company standards and are purchased from an approved supplier
- Be Audit ready at all times (DVSA, AB Central, Stock Check)
- Ensure all LOLER inspections are completed according to the inspection schedule and that all repairs are completed within our agreed time frame
- Demonstrate an understanding of the financial system and the weekly cost reports
- Conduct bi Annual Technician 1-2-1 performance reviews
- Work alongside the Regional VMU Manager to deliver a high quality VMU service to all departments
- Take the leading role in the day to day organisation of the workshop and the workload
- Actively promote the ‘Safety First’ ethos within the VMU, leading by example
- Support the development of the apprentices within the VMU
- Servicing in accordance with all legal and company requirements
- Although job accountabilities are clear, working from your own initiative is a benefit to this role
- To lead small team focusing on shared good working practices
- To drive your personal development, demonstrating a positive can do attitude to your work and always reflecting our company values
- Adopt a safety first mind-set, adhere to safe systems of work reporting any defects or hazards
- Demonstrate a flexible approach moving between the various tasks, being open and willing to learn and develop new skills supporting the wider business functions
- Maintain a clean, safe and legal environment, meeting the agreed standards in hygiene, housekeeping and compliance
- Ensure first class communication with the transport and warehousing departments
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7142
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Walthamstow, East London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk