Vehicle Maintenance Unit HGV Mechanic / VMU Technician who has a solid vehicle maintenance background with experience working on Heavy Goods Vehicles is required for a well-established manufacturing company based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
SALARY: £38,000 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: The role is on a 42 hour a week basis working fixed days from Wednesday to Saturday from 6am to 6pm and then Wednesday to Friday from 6am to 6pm. This is on a permanent 4 on / 3 off basis.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Vehicle Maintenance Unit HGV Mechanic / VMU Technician who has a solid vehicle maintenance background with experience working on Heavy Goods Vehicles.
Working as the Vehicle Maintenance Unit HGV Mechanic / VMU Technician you will ensure effective vehicle maintenance is provided such that the operational demands of the fleet are met with the minimal impact on vehicle down time, whilst adhering to the legal requirements under our Operators’ License, safe operations, and budget restraints. The role may require some travel to satellite sites within the group.
As the Vehicle Maintenance Unit HGV Mechanic / VMU Technician you will be a dynamic self-starter, with a solid Vehicle Maintenance background. The company is looking for someone with a keen eye for continuous improvement and someone who is not afraid to challenge the status quo. Safety really is first at the company, and is an integral part of all roles.
Your duties as a Vehicle Maintenance Unit HGV Mechanic / VMU Technician will include:
- To demonstrate the Safety First ethos
- Adhere to and comply with the Operator Licence requirements
- Work alongside a busy team of VMU Technicians
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements following VOSA guidelines
- Liaise with the logistics operation with regard to changes in relevant legislation, codes of practice, specifications and guidance, and the implications upon service delivery to the Fleet
- Assist the VMU FLM and VMU Manager with developing, implementing, monitoring, and reviewing of adequate and effective policies and systems in connection with the safe and efficient running of the VMU
- Assist with corporate fleet management issues such as green fleet management reviews and carbon reduction/energy efficiency initiatives
- Working knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation
- Ability to demonstrate a detailed working knowledge of the delivery of fleet management and transport related services
- Possession of a relevant City & Guilds or equivalent qualification and IRTEC certificate
- Class II driving desirable
- Effective communication skills
- Experience of working on Heavy Goods Vehicles and Forklift Trucks desirable
- Ability to make decisions, set goals, organise a busy team, and achieve targets
- Experience of working with DAFs and IVECOs desirable
Your ambition, dedication and motivation will prove to be as important as your formal qualifications as you seek to develop your career within a challenging yet fun and rewarding environment. The company is looking for someone who is willing to match their investment in your own development through attendance on training courses and on the job coaching.
The company values reflect the type of culture that they are working hard to achieve. It's all about Pride, Performance, People and Pace. If you can live these values, chances are you'll do well at the company. They are looking for people who love a challenge, who have an eye for continuous improvement and the drive to take ownership and make change happen.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7143
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk