Class 2 HGV Driver
Whether an experienced and skilled Class 2 multi-drop driver or new to LGV driving we offer full support and guidance to ensure a great experience here at Kingsmill / Allied Bakeries based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
You will work 10.25 hours per shift (early morning start times) on a 4 from 7 shift pattern with overtime available.
SALARY: Minimum of £33,881 per annum + Overtime up to £7,500 per annum + Generous Benefits (see below)
LOCATION: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 42 Hours per Week on a rolling 4 days over 7 days pattern with start times between 0:00 and 04:00 hours
Enhanced overtime rates for working Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays
Like our Kingsmill Loaf's Good Superhero you too could become great everyday and be part of our amazing team as a Class 2 HGV Driver delivering freshly baked bread and many other delicious items to our customers every day!
As part of Associated British Foods who are one of Britain’s leading companies, we at Allied Milling and Baking produce and deliver freshly baked bread and many other delicious items to our customers every day!
We have a great opportunity to join our transport team as a Class 2 HGV Driver delivering Kingsmill bread at our Hertfordshire bakery based in Stevenage.
What we are looking for – Class 2 HGV Driver
- You may be an experienced and skilled multi-drop driver with a minimum of a Class license or you may be new to LGV driving, we will offer full support and guidance to ensure a great experience with our business.
- You will work 10.25 hours per shift on a 4 from 7 shift pattern with overtime available
- You'll be part of our team who pride themselves on providing excellent customer service whilst demonstrating safe and courteous driving on the road every day
- Covering the whole of Hertfordshire stretching into the other Home Counties and the outskirts of London as the Class 2 HGV Driver you will be delivering pre-picked orders either direct to store or through the RDC network for our customers, in addition serving our sister sites in the South East & Midlands
- We all take responsibility for the health, safety and well-being for each other. Reporting to a Transport Front Line Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the safe delivery and/or collection of all goods to/from our customers. As well as providing accurate information with a driver debrief
- A customer facing role, you represent our company with your performance and actions
Want to join Allied Bakeries as a Class 2 HGV Driver - What's in it for you?
If you join us, in addition to an attractive salary, you can enjoy the following:
- Excellent holiday package, colleagues who work 4 days a week enjoy 28 days holiday a year!
- Pension Scheme starting at 4% matched by the business up to 10% of matched contribution with Associated British Foods, our Parent Company!
- Sample our fantastic products at a hugely discounted price. Kingsmill 50/50 seeded a must try!
- Benefits for you and your family through our ‘Extra Slice’ scheme, which provides great savings at more than 500 business/outlets including Tesco, Sainsbury, M&S, Curry's/PC World, including healthcare, gym discounts and saving on your holidays
- Have a sandwich in our subsidised canteen, using our delicious bread or a hot meal. Breakfast or lunch at a fraction of the price
- Cycle to work scheme- Helping you to get to work with a range of great bikes on offer
- Discounted rates with Simply Health for dentists, opticians, chiropractors etc.
- Death in service benefits up to 4 times your salary
- Refer scheme - Refer a friend and if we employ them, you get the reward £££. This is now £500 if you refer an HGV driver to us
- Family friendly and flexible working schemes - designed to help meet the needs of individuals and the business
- Employee Assistance Programme - A free and confidential support service for employees covering a wide range of topics including financial guidance through to relationship and legal advice
- Charitable giving - we are just about to launch a charity partnership with Save the Children. You can deliver a slice of kindness through donating to a charity through payroll
- Free on-site car parking facilities
- Free Allied Bakeries uniform
- Excellent local public transport links
There's more to Allied Bakeries than just being a leading company with great products, we have an excellent team and know that good people really do make the difference. Help us to generate our vision of a high performing and happy team, come and join us, apply now!
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8549
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Kingsmill / Allied Bakeries