Junior Trainee Helpdesk / 1st Line / Desktop / Network Support Engineer required for a friendly IT Company based in London (The offices are a few minutes’ walk from Bank, Monument and Liverpool Street Stations).
SALARY: £18,000 - £22,000 per annum
** Graduate Applications Welcome **
** All Levels of Experience Considered **
We have an excellent opportunity for someone that has a great foundation in solving PC / Desktop based problems and is eager to develop their skill set and career within the IT Support Industry.
Working as a Junior Trainee you will gain experience in Helpdesk / 1st Line, Desktop and Network Support issues.
As the Junior Trainee Helpdesk / 1st Line / Desktop / Network Support Engineer you will join a small, but busy IT Company that provide technical support covering installations, configurations, project management and help desk and desk-side support, to a number of small to medium sized businesses. The Company’s Technical Team implements and supports IT Solutions based around HP, Microsoft, Symantec and SonicWALL. This also includes project managing IT Technology installations in new buildings throughout the UK.
Your responsibilities as a Junior Trainee Helpdesk / 1st Line / Desktop / Network Support Engineer will be varied as the Company provide IT expertise in the following areas
- Friendly Telephone Support Helpdesk
- IMAC (Installations, Moves and Changes)
- Major Projects (Server Installs, Desktop Migrations, Cloud Migrations etc.)
Some of the technology you will gain exposure to will include:
- Microsoft operating systems (desktop and server)
- Symantec Firewall/VPN/UTM/SSL-VPN
This is a great opportunity if you are a self-starter who wants good exposure to a wide range of IT products.
If this sounds like your ideal job, please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- You will provide technical and network administration support to the Company’s customer base
- The role is customer facing and therefore a friendly telephone manner is essential plus you will need to be smart and presentable when at customers’ sites
- The role is a mixture of office and customer site based. The Company’s customers are UK wide so be prepared for travel (no car required) and for overnight stays when required
- Rather than having to pick the phone up to repeatedly one-off callers, the Company’s technical team members are motivated by the on-going relationships that they build up with their stable and growing customer base
- The successful applicant will be someone who has good experience in solving desktop problems and although may not have had much exposure to server environments, has aspirations in this area
- In addition to reactive problem solving and IMAC, time will be based on-site carrying out planned preventative maintenance on desktops, servers and networking equipment. This is mainly a software based role
- Microsoft qualifications are beneficial although not a necessity. Training will be provided; however, in order to be successful in this role, self-learning is essential.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Technical Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in the City of London
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | www.awdo.co.uk