Health & Safety / Facilities Manager with a NEBOSH or IOSH qualification and experience of H&S and management of facilities contracts including negotiating and auditing service level agreements is required for a well-established company based in Park Royal, London.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
LOCATION: Park Royal, London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Health & Safety / Facilities Manager with a NEBOSH or IOSH qualification and experience of H&S and management of facilities contracts including negotiating and auditing service level agreements.
As the Health & Safety / Facilities Manager you will join a busy Human Resources and Facilities Department, working as part of a combined team of six and will report to the Director of HR. You will also be responsible for managing the companies Facilities Assistant.
Working as the Health & Safety / Facilities Manager you will be responsible for supporting the business by looking after all aspects of health & safety and facilities including maintenance and outsourced services for the site which comprises of 30,000 sq. ft. office space and 80,000 sq. ft. warehouse space. The business operates 24 hours a day, six days a week and there are approximately 170 staff based onsite.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Health & Safety / Facilities Manager will include:
Health & Safety
- Maintain and carry out risk assessments and safe systems of work documentation; providing guidance to the business regarding risk management and mitigation
- Keep appropriate records of inspection findings and make suggestions for improvement
- Adapt working practices to ensure best practice safety and compliance with current legislation
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and followed
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees on health and safety issues and risks, including induction as well as chairing the Health & Safety Committee alongside the Director of HR
- Ensure that you keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry
- Manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos as well as ensure that the company complies with COSHH regulations
- Advise/utilise appropriate specialists on a range of expert areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, machine operation and isolation, occupational diseases
- Facilitate and co-ordinate all emergency evacuation training/fire warden and H&S related training in conjunction with the HR department; and update procedures when necessary
- Manage emergency and planned maintenance and repairs within own capability
- Manage the provision of all facilities management services as well as manage all related facilities management contracts and suppliers (including hard and soft services)
- Liaise with and direct all facilities and H&S specialist contractors to ensure appropriate Health & Safety requirements are met
- Undertake routine inspections of the site and escalate any risks or repair requirements
- Update and maintain the facilities and H&S database, monitor and ensure all periodical checks are arranged and completed
- Keep own knowledge of all current legislation in relation to site safety and facilities management up to date and ensure that the company remains compliant; including the maintenance of appropriate records and appropriate statutory reporting
- Responsible for maintaining SFG 20 regulation compliance
- Manage, tender, negotiate and monitor the use of outsourced contractors and services to all areas of the site
- Financially manage all contracts, record spend to date and forecast future spend
- Monitor supplies of consumables, drinking water and sundry items
- Be responsible for environmental monitoring
- Manage waste management and recycling contracts
- Manage energy providers, seeking minimum costs and identifying ways to reduce usage
- Effectively manage line report and provide coaching as appropriate
- Allocate and manage workload within team
- Be a role model for the Company values and challenge team members who don’t
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Management experience is highly desirable
- Focussed on process improvement with strong organisational skills
- Strong customer and client management skills
- General technical knowledge of building services
- Experience of managing facilities contracts including negotiating and auditing service level agreements
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Calm and decisive when working under pressure
- First aid or fire warden training is preferable, but not essential
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4834
Full Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk