HSEQ / Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager required for a well-established Company based in Canvey Island, Essex.
SALARY: £55,000 per annum + Benefits (includes Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension 5% match contribution)
LOCATION: Canvey Island, Essex
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an HSEQ / Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager that is NEBOSH certified with some exposure to COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards) regulations.
Working as the HSEQ / Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager you will accomplish an HSSE level that is best in class, which will be achieved by leading, advising and championing the sites HSEQ standards.
As the HSEQ / Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager you will gain a full understanding of the HSEQ within the site and clearly communicate solutions to a broad stakeholder base. This will involve convincing people to change their methods and beliefs through educating and motivating them.
Your responsibilities as the HSEQ / Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager will also involve working with staff and others to protect the Health and Safety of employees, contractors, visitors and the general public by ensuring that risks in the workplace are properly controlled, and that the impact on the environment is minimised.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Act as the focal point for Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality advice on site
- Develop, refine and implement HSEQ processes, systems and procedures which allows the site to become amongst the best in the industry. This includes but, is not limited to: Control of Work, Management of Change, RIDDOR, PPE, Operational Audits, Corrective Action Tracking, Training, Incident Investigation, Quality system management and other relevant policies and procedures
- Understand the requirements of the COMAH Regulations in respect of the site operations, liaise directly with the Competent Authority to coordinate and support CA Interventions. Maintain an action tracking system and ensure Site Safety Report is maintained as a “live” document
- Ensure the on-site emergency plan is maintained to represent site operations and tested with “live” or desktop exercises at regular intervals as required by regulations
- Cooperate and liaise with Essex Civil Protection and Emergency Management (ECPEM) in support of the maintenance and testing of the Off Site Emergency Plan
- Maintain and develop a reporting system to enable analysis of all incidents and accidents and to carry out investigations or arrange for all accidents and near-misses be investigated, prepare report of findings, including recommendations to prevent recurrence and implement approved course of action
- Train plant personnel to identify risks and develop and implement control methodology
- Provide review of all operations and maintenance procedures from the perspective of HSEQ compliance and best practice
- Perform or direct audits, inspections, environmental surveillance and use findings to target coaching, communications and training to achieve consistent application, performance improvements and regulatory compliance
- Ensure all policies and procedures relating to HSEQ are reviewed as scheduled
- Audit and monitor permits including: excavation, hot work, confined space entry, lock off integrity and lead the site in permit compliance continuous improvement
- Liaise as necessary with other organisations and relevant authorities, and provide assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions
- Identify opportunities for continuous environmental improvement and implement programmes to deliver these, promote and coordinate the integration of environmental management and sustainability issues into policies, rules, products, services and operations
- Meet site and business HSEQ objectives and comply with all relevant laws and policies
- Assist the company to perform more efficiently and therefore more competitively, which in turn promotes environmental and social improvements
- Record and prepare a list of site KPIs for submission to the General Manager on a monthly basis for onward submission to the Board
- Manage and control the company recycling and waste management procedures
- Provide input to HAZOP, HAZID and other safety/environmental assessment processes as required
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Safety
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- NVQ Level 4 in Health and Safety or equivalents
- Previous related, industrial experience in HSSE including exposure to the application of the COMAH Regulations
- Experience in petrochemical and/or fuel storage including the handling of low flash products
- An ability to manage work priorities to deliver real performance improvements in a busy and demanding work environment
- Experience in working and liaising with the Competent Authorities
- Detailed knowledge of design codes and industry standards as applied to storage terminals
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4629
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Canvey Island, Essex. Multi-Job Board and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk