Health Safety and Environmental Manager with strong knowledge of Health and Safety legislations and industry standards is required for a well-established global manufacturing company based in Chinley, Derbyshire, East Midlands.
LOCATION: Chinley, Derbyshire, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
PLEASE NOTE: A current driving licence is essential as some UK travel will be involved
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Health Safety and Environmental Manager with strong knowledge of Health and Safety legislations and industry standards. A strong leader and a self-starter with strong engagement and collaborative skills is essential to be able to engage with individuals across the organisation.
Working as a Health Safety and Environmental Manager you will need the ability to constructively challenge safety behaviours, management thinking and current procedures and processes, reporting your findings directly to the Head of manufacturing operations.
As a Health Safety and Environmental Manager you will be the organisations representative in its dealings with outside bodies and will promote good health, safety, and environmental policies and culture throughout the UK Compounds Business Unit activities.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your role as Health Safety and Environmental Manager will include:
- To promote good health, safety, and environmental policies and culture throughout the UK Compounds Business Unit activities
- To develop and implement a HSE strategy and plans to support the sites annual business plan and long term strategy
- To review HSE policies, procedures and guidance in line with best practices and current and future HSE legislative requirements, and to make recommendations on their application and implementation
- To ensure HSE management systems are maintained in accordance with relevant standards and company guidelines, policies and procedures and through regular review are continuously developed, improved and implemented through consultation and communication with senior managers and other line managers
- To liaise between management and staff on all matters relating to HSE to ensure consistent application and understanding of policies and procedures and to propose, implement and monitor measures necessary to comply with HSE legislation and codes of practice
- To identify training needs and to provide, or where necessary source, programs to help communicate and implement HSE policies, practice and procedures within the site
- Establish and maintain systems for measuring and monitoring HSE performance, providing statistical summaries to the Directors, Managers, HSE Steering Group and Site Safety Groups. Identifying any significant trends and occurrences and ensuring improvement actions are shared throughout the organisation
- Co-ordinator of the HSE Steering Committee
- Be the organisations representative in its dealings with outside bodies e.g. Health & Safety Executive, Environment Agency,14001 / 45001 Certification Bodies, Insurers and Brokers
- To continue implementation of the 14001 systems to obtain accreditation
- NEBOSH / Oxford Brookes Diploma or equivalent in Health & Safety Management
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- Graduate or Chartered member of IOSH (Institute of Safety and Health)
- Previous experience in HSE
- Excellent understanding of HSE legislation, industry standards and best practice
- Strong leadership and influencing skills and the ability to form strong effective relationships
- The ability to constructively challenge safety behaviours, management thinking and current procedures and processes
- Good communication, presentation and IT skills
- A current driving licence as some UK travel will be involved
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7239
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Chinley, Derbyshire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk