Head Teacher / EYFS Lead / School Principal who is an inspirational and enthusiastic leader committed to school improvement, with an excellent track record of strong leadership and excellent teaching ability is required for a brand new school opening as part of a fast-growing Multi Academy Trust based in Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
LOCATION: Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire
TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
** The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Head Teacher / EYFS Lead / School Principal who is an inspirational and enthusiastic leader committed to school improvement, with an excellent track record of strong leadership and excellent teaching ability.
As the Head Teacher / EYFS Lead / School Principal you will have the unique opportunity to help lay the foundations of a brand new, state of the art innovative school which is opening in September 2020.
Working as the Head Teacher / EYFS Lead / School Principal you will be responsible for the day to day running of the school and particularly the EYFS phase as well as carrying out the duties of a Teacher. You will effectively performance manage the EYFS teachers and teaching assistants and oversee the management of the school in conjunction with the Executive Principal.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV and Cover Letter as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Head Teacher / EYFS Lead / School Principal will include:
- Develop a climate which enables all phase staff to develop and maintain positive attitudes towards their teaching
- Monitor progress made towards achieving plans and targets
- Liaise with staff, parents, external agencies and other schools regarding the EYFS phase
- Monitor, and work with, EYFS phase members, to identify next steps for personal development in teaching and learning practice
- Sustain personal and staff motivation
- Contribute to the school process of self-evaluation and development
- Attend and contribute to Senior Leadership Team meetings
- Deputise for the Executive Principal
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of students you come into contact with
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Qualified teacher status, relevant recent professional development, experience of leading the EYFS Phase is essential
- Middle leadership qualification is desirable
- An inspirational and enthusiastic leader
- Committed to school improvement and to the development of learning for all
- Motivated leader who can inspire staff to develop their practice, improve standards and embrace change
- Able to show commitment to enhancing the school's ethos
- Currently an excellent classroom practitioner and EYFS leader who can be a role model for others with a deep knowledge of the curriculum and committed to their own professional development
- Able to inspire, challenge, motivate and support the whole school community
- An excellent communicator and has outstanding organisational, management and interpersonal skills
- An efficient and effective manager who can monitor teaching and learning throughout the curriculum using a range of evidence, including observation and data, for the purpose of ensuring high standards and devising strategies for improvement
- Someone with leadership experience seeking the opportunity and a willingness to grow and lead a new school under the guidance and support of an Executive Principal
Applicants must be able to demonstrate an excellent track record of strong leadership, excellent / outstanding teaching ability and be thoroughly committed to equal opportunities and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5189
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk