Head Teacher / Head of School / Principal who is an inspirational and highly motivated leader, with exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills in order to promote the highest expectations and standards of teaching and learning is required for a flagship independent school, part of a fast-growing Multi Academy Trust based in Kings Langley, Hertfordshire.
SALARY: Negotiable + Benefits (Relocation Allowance available)
LOCATION: Kings Langley, Hertfordshire
TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
** The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Head Teacher / Head of School / Principal who is an inspirational and highly motivated leader, with exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills in order to promote the highest expectations and standards of teaching and learning.
As the Head Teacher / Head of School / Principal you will have the incredibly exciting opportunity to network and gather international best practice from the most successful Waldorf schools around the world and harness these principles and practices to develop and create a flagship Waldorf inspired school of the future for 3 – 19 year olds.
Working as the Head Teacher / Head of School / Principal you will provide highly effective leadership, organisation and management of the school; this will include promoting all-round development and seeking ways of continually improving achievement and well-being of learners. You will also ensure that the people, organisational structures and resources within the school are managed to provide a safe, efficient and stimulating learning environment.
The successful candidate will have flair, the ability to put their stamp on the operational, educational and strategic work that is required and will be an energetic, innovative and inspirational Principal.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV and Cover Letter as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Head Teacher / Head of School / Principal will include:
- Responsibility for the overall leadership and management of the school
- Ensure the efficient running of the school by developing and maintaining effective whole school systems, practices and procedures
- Build strong teams of highly motivated and aspirational teaching and support staff
- Develop and implement highly effective self-evaluation processes that ensure continuous school improvement
- Lead by example at all times, demonstrating consistent exemplary standards of personal and professional conduct, acting within the frameworks of agreed set of values, and statutory duties and responsibilities
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school and instil an ethos of high expectations for behaviour and achievement of all pupils
- Lead the staff to teach an inspiring school curriculum underpinned by the best Waldorf pedagogical principles
- Imbibes the values of equality and high achievement for all
- Recruit, develop, motivate, coach and mentor all staff to achieve the best outcomes for all pupils
- Maintain strong working partnerships with the community, agencies, local schools, employers and stakeholders, including parents, families and the Governing Body
- Ensure robust operational systems are in place that support the school’s efficient functioning
- Clear vision and understanding of how to implement and sustain high quality education
- Strategically lead on all aspects of the school, such as curriculum, teaching and learning, professional development, administration, finance and communication
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Qualified teacher status or equivalent
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent
- National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH) or equivalent
- Leadership experience at deputy head level within a highly successful primary school
- Educational development of primary and secondary aged pupils
- School improvement strategies
- Knowledge of Waldorf principles and pedagogy
- Effective People Management
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every student
- Ability to establish positive relationships with pupils and adults
- Effective leadership style that encourages participation, innovation and confidence
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Resilience and motivation to lead the school through day-to-day challenges while maintaining a clear strategic vision and direction
- Ambition to continually improve standards and achieve excellence
- Strong commitment and up to date knowledge of requirements to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils and staff
- Higher degree and/or Management qualification
- Experience of management in a multi-professional environment required for post
Applicants must be able to demonstrate an excellent track record of strong leadership, excellent / outstanding teaching ability and be thoroughly committed to equal opportunities and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5220
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Kings Langley, Hertfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk